Hello and OMG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never washed buds so i cant help you with that question. As for as when to harvest i would have to see how bad the mites are on the buds themselves. The leaves you can trim off as tight to the buds as possible.

Welcome @DoingMyBest !!!

After this harvest, are you gonna get a set up for growing indoors? I have only grown indoors but bought land so this spring we are gonna attempt outdoors.

I'm so sorry you've had such problems, but don't give up on growing, it's such a pleasurable hobby.

Welcome @DoingMyBest !!!

After this harvest, are you gonna get a set up for growing indoors? I have only grown indoors but bought land so this spring we are gonna attempt outdoors.

I'm so sorry you've had such problems, but don't give up on growing, it's such a pleasurable hobby.
Hi there Cannagrammy! It’s been a wild ride. I never knew the time, expenditure of money, energy and emotions I’d experience on this grow! I’m excited and discouraged, and I don’t give up easily. I was looking at tents online last night and it’s intriguing to be able to control the environment and be less susceptible to pests! The only indoor space I have available is a spare bedroom and the garage. I’d put the tent in the garage. We plan to sell the house in a couple of years. My main hesitation is the electric bill. It runs about $600 in the winter doing nothing special. We haven’t run the AC in several years, even during heat waves like the one we had in August. Our bill would probably be near $1k. I think the best thing for me at this point is to give autoflowers a shot. My four plants, then three ( the biggest most beautiful one turned male in August) were so huge and it got so hot, that I was watering every other day, about 46 gallons each into 20 gallon smart pots for about six weeks or so. It took hours and lots of money in nutes. They were beasts of burden there for awhile! So, due to being smaller plants, therefore less time, money and maintenance - and less time for the neighborhood pests to gather - I’m thinking autoflowers are for me. Especially a hearty pest resistant variety. If that fails, and I hope it doesn’t, I might go to indoor growing. Especially since we’ll probably move to a state where our hobby lands one in the big house. I’m hoping to grow as much as possible before the big move. Prior to the pest invasion, and I’ve had caterpillars (the worst!), aphids, spider mites and white flies, my plants (trees) were beautiful, so I know I can do it.

Congratulations on your land purchase! I really do like using nature to my advantage and I love being outside. I’m anxious to hear how your outside grow goes! Even with autoflowers it’s obvious I’ll need some pest management techniques to prevent any issues rather than reacting to issues. Drying and curing seem to be a bit of an art that I need to master as well.

I won’t give up! Thank you Grammy.

Spay H2O and defoliate! You can make it two weeks!
Thank you! My problem is my drying space is currently occupied so I can’t chop it for a few days at least. I’m going to selectively harvest this plant. Throwing away plant material is painful, but I’m getting more used to it! I’d rather have a small amount of quality than a bunch of garbage! Who wouldn’t, I guess.

Welcome aboard. I'm fairly new as well and everyone has been very helpful. Sorry to hear about your issues if you have any questions feel free to message me
Thank you. Much appreciated! This is the best board out there by far!
WTH,,,,600 to a thousand electric bill. 😳
Yeah, I have PG&E and they suck the life blood out of you. My electric bill is one of the main drivers getting me to ditch my beautiful home state. We have rolling blackouts, too, so not too great for an energy dependent grow. It’s crazy.

So sorry to hear your problems DMB. It is the growing pains that a lot of us go through when starting. My first 6 months I had both PM and mites. In the last 10 years I have only had each one time. Both were from clones on an outdoor grow. I take extra care now when I get cuts from a friend. It's not their fault. Sheit happens.....it is my fault not doing my due diligence on isolating and making sure I don't introduce any problems into my grow. DON'T GIVE UP!!! We are here to help.

tenor.gif

So sorry to hear your problems DMB. It is the growing pains that a lot of us go through when starting. My first 6 months I had both PM and mites. In the last 10 years I have only had each one time. Both were from clones on an outdoor grow. I take extra care now when I get cuts from a friend. It's not their fault. Sheit happens.....it is my fault not doing my due diligence on isolating and making sure I don't introduce any problems into my grow. DON'T GIVE UP!!! We are here to help.

tenor.gif
lol, love the meme! That’s how I felt mixing up my nutes in my watering containers. When I got the baby plants in April from a friend, I had no idea what I was in for and my only goal at that point was to not kill them and make it to harvest. My primary nemesis was the low IQ moths that loved laying their depraved larvae onto my beautiful girls. Once I noticed the first caterpillar, they’d been feasting for weeks and I never was able to completely eradicate them. My hybrid plant was the toughest experience because you really couldn’t find the suckers unless you tore the bud apart. The devastation was so incredibly rapid on that plant in particular. I’ve learned so much I’m surprised my head isn’t exploding. But I obviously have so much more to learn. I thank you guys for being here! It’s also just great communicating with other people with the same passion.

my bill used to be around 800 a month, and I wished it were 10,000 a month, but it turns out I am too lazy for a 10,000 a month elec bill:(

It's funny how some people dread a big elec bill, a little perspective might help here. If you have a large elec bill you should have a large healthy harvest corresponding to the energy you used, i.e. the bigger the bill the more $$$ you should make:D

2b2s

Latest posts

Back