Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Hello everyone

Jacky

Reaction score
I'm new here and just about to start my first grow (if you don't count that failed try in a much too small closet few years ago). I build up a diy tent with a 1.6m x 2m basis and 1.6m to 1.9m height.
Because I have only one Led for 1.2x1.2 I use only half the space for now.

I had some days off and tried to prepare everything I need, but now the seeds are showing the first little roots and I'm kind of nervous about forgetting something important 😅.

So I would be glad if some people with experience could take a look at my setup.
IMG_20200706_205503_717.jpg

I use a SANlight q6w (LED, 245W o think that's the best and most expensive part of my setup). For the air flow I have one fan outgoing with a filter and the ongoing fan has also a filter outside. I'm filtering the incoming air because there is a lot of mold and dirt around the tent.

I have two hygrometer and thermometer and a dehumidifier that I will use later because the humidity is very high (sometimes 80% and more).

I tested the LED for a few hours without air movement and the temperature was 28°C at max.

I bought 100l soil (biobizz light mix) and a starter kit with fertilizer. There is also some root juice.

I have now 10 seeds (to much?) femenized 5 strawberry cush and 5 WW.
They all look very nice with a little withe root coming out. Guess I plant them tomorrow or the day after.
I don't know what planters I should use. I have some 5l pots left over.

So what do you think about all that? Is 80% humidity ok for the first week or should I use the dehumidifier right now?

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
imo your room looks great---the humidity will be ok for a very short while---i would get an oscillating fan in there asap to move that air around, strengthen the plants and, prevent the start of powdery mildew---every plant needs to be slightly swaying in the breeze---i use dehumidifiers for harvest drying when the Rh is high like that---not in the grow---never say never as i have done that too---didn't get the sizes of your in/out fans but you have the right idea---if you have a slight bit of negative pressure---life is grand---welcome aboard---look forward to watching your grow show---peace!

Jacky

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes the fan is still missing but I got one from my neigbour. As soon as I see something green that could sway in the wind, I will set it up.
The pressure in the tent is slightly negative, so there will be no smell outside. I think the diameter of the fans are 12.5cm and 16cm.
I planted the seeds today. Do you think I should use the root juice now? I feel more like waiting one or two days, so they can get used to the soil...

✌

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
you're welcome J---i too would wait till you got 3 sets of leaves before doing any feeding---the soil likely already has all a seedling needs for now--lot's of good peeps here with tons of experience---different solutions to all your needs---very much like to see others succeed---i am an oscillating fan freak---big on preventative maintenance---powdery mildew is a deal breaker as bad as spider mites for me---although you have forced intake and exhaust---with out the oscillating fan running you have dead spots of air and could possibly still see pm on seedlings with your already high rh ---imo---if you already got the fan---fire it up

Latest posts