Hello Everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Reaction score
First, I'm so thankful I found this site! I'm semi-retired and trying my hand at growing. My first attempt is coming to an end with not so good results. Not giving up though! I would love to share more but that will come with time. Thanks for having me!

Welcome Dreamer, Sorry about your first attempt. We can help guide you through your next attempt. If you follow along with us you probably will be more successful next time.

Tell up a little about your last attempt and what kind of equipment and your growing medium.....exc.

Hello Dreamer Welcome to the club
giphy.gif

Welcome Dreamer, Sorry about your first attempt. We can help guide you through your next attempt. If you follow along with us you probably will be more successful next time.

Tell up a little about your last attempt and what kind of equipment and your growing medium.....exc.

I planted a White Widow Auto flower on 8/7/21 in a kit from "A Pot for Pot" (5 gal). It lives in a closet, doors open most of the time. Lights: 2x2 Spider Farm Grow (SF1000D). 2 weeks later my spouse insisted on adding another plant. Same strain but planted in a plastic pot (not sure where he found that), soil is Miracle Grow Performance Organics. I then added a 75w LED grow light. My first plant kept getting taller but nothing else. The 2nd plant looks to me like it is ready.
tempImageqMfj95.jpg

hello Dreamer and welcome aboard

wait two more weeks and in the mean time , add a little cal-mag

Do you have a scope where you can look at the trichomes? If not get one. If you do they should be starting to turn Amber before a plant is done. 30% is when I really start thinking about harvesting. Cal/Mag....meh....I wouldn't. Sometimes Big is our class clown and you just have to roll with the punches.

how does a ganja grower determine the percentage of amber trichomes?

30% eh.......are you sure it’s not 34.823% ?

or 27.365% ?

does one count 10 trichomes or count 100?

3 amber out of 10 equals 30% ..........but there are billions of trichomes on one plant so in the best interests of science , shouldn’t one do a test sample count of at least 2 or 3 million trichomes?.....for better accuracy?

what is the best way to count a test sample in the most accurate way?

is there a better way to determine plant ripeness?

I'll take my chances that I'm close enough just by looking and my experience doing so thru the yrs.

Dreamer, welcome to the fun and games on the Passion.

how does a ganja grower determine the percentage of amber trichomes?

30% eh.......are you sure it’s not 34.823% ?

or 27.365% ?

does one count 10 trichomes or count 100?

3 amber out of 10 equals 30% ..........but there are billions of trichomes on one plant so in the best interests of science , shouldn’t one do a test sample count of at least 2 or 3 million trichomes?.....for better accuracy?

what is the best way to count a test sample in the most accurate way?

is there a better way to determine plant ripeness?
Have someone else look at it and say
Yep it's ready..............................
1634904460272.png

I have a master's degree in a-counting.....

hey I know you and how you love to put bait on a hook and fish , tie flies too

you have a degree alright , a master baiter

Latest posts

Back