Hello Everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does a ganja grower determine the percentage of amber trichomes?

30% eh.......are you sure it’s not 34.823% ?

or 27.365% ?

does one count 10 trichomes or count 100?

3 amber out of 10 equals 30% ..........but there are billions of trichomes on one plant so in the best interests of science , shouldn’t one do a test sample count of at least 2 or 3 million trichomes?.....for better accuracy?

what is the best way to count a test sample in the most accurate way?

is there a better way to determine plant ripeness?
Reminded of fog horn leg horn the cartoon rooster. "Fortunately, I keep all my feathers numbered for just such an situation."

First, count all your tricomes, divide by the average of 34.823%-27.365. then add Ad mag and wait 2 weeks...

Bubba

Last edited:
how does a ganja grower determine the percentage of amber trichomes?

30% eh.......are you sure it’s not 34.823% ?

or 27.365% ?

does one count 10 trichomes or count 100?

3 amber out of 10 equals 30% ..........but there are billions of trichomes on one plant so in the best interests of science , shouldn’t one do a test sample count of at least 2 or 3 million trichomes?.....for better accuracy?

what is the best way to count a test sample in the most accurate way?

is there a better way to determine plant ripeness?
Don't be silly - you just count them
I did that and never had to go to College. Saved my money.
First, I'm so thankful I found this site! I'm semi-retired and trying my hand at growing. My first attempt is coming to an end with not so good results. Not giving up though! I would love to share more but that will come with time. Thanks for having me!
You're in good hands here. But just be aware that many of the contributers have peculiar brains.
I'm full retarded and enjoying not having to work
Enjoy it all and remember a sense of humour really helps. 😊

Don't be silly - you just count them

You're in good hands here. But just be aware that many of the contributers have peculiar brains.
I'm full retarded and enjoying not having to work
Enjoy it all and remember a sense of humour really helps. 😊

hey Man , I am not a complete idiot.....I have a few parts missing

I think Big is not really Big. He is really Elvis. 😁
1634938755879.png

Never used a scope before. Tell me what you think, and no, I didn't count.View attachment 280969
Hey now, no easy way out....start the counting....seriously, you will have a better view, those appear milky, but there could be amber in there too. You will notice some clear as glass, some cloudy, then milky (I saw one strain on Nukeheads site I believe that recommended harvest at milky stage, but usual rule as others have said is 30% amber.

Hard to judge sometimes, one bud a good amount of amber, others not so much. Like most things, there's some give and take compromise here. Trend is clear= speedy mind race, cloudy high energy stone, amber begins the lean to couch lock. more or less....at some point something goes off and I start chopping. In doubt, wait a week check trics, then another until you cant stand it...it gets up next to me once in a while even if I have plenty in reserve. Those last weeks really can add to the yield....but you can put all sorts of things on the scale, what if you wait and it gets ripped off? There's a mind game I play on myself to promote "early" harvesting.

Bubba

It is funny the way the brain tries to talk you into harvesting NOW! lol its all good, those look killer. If you cut them now you would be happy as can be. You will just be a little happier later. Its all good. Theres always more grows.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back