Hello from Albion Park Australia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman67

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been tinkering with Hydroponic salad and vegies for the last few months. This was inspired by a national shortage of Lettuce, up to $10 AUD for one lettuce. I am an ex-motorcycle racer that suffered brain damage and multiple broken bones over the last 30 odd years. I have spent my life in and out of hospital and recently decided that Pharma drugs are crap and I have been trying to heal myself naturally. I have been trying natural sources of minerals and vitamins to improve my bodies defence. I have one major vice. I drink way too much, I drink 20 to 25 beers a day. I work a full time management position in a high stress industry. I have been using Anti-anxiety, Anti Depression and at times anti-psychotic mediations for about 35 years. I am just starting out with a few seeds to try to help me wean off pharma meds. My question is. I am looking at growing high CBD plants and Low THC plants for medicinal use. I live in suburbia and was thinking a 3' x 3' Wilma grow system in a 4'x 4'x 6'grow tent set up would be a good starting point. Any advise would be great. Thank you Scott. (Old, Fat and Angry)

Hello Scott and welcome aboard. There are a few other Aussies here we may have to start an all things Aussie Thread.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. It sounds like you are ready to make a change in your life for the better.

I wish you well.

My opinion is if the cbd is good for humans , maybe all the other cannabinoids are also good for humans?

So yeah , my advice is to grow full spectrum cannabis and let your body have a chance to absorb all the goodness of ALL the cannabinoid s , not just cbd.

( you know this already , ya need to cut back on the Fosters…😁)

cheers
big

Welcome to the Passion, batman. My take on high CBD strains is they aren’t as effective at pain management as strains that are THC dominant. I read a brilliant observation somewhere a few years ago(I forget where or from who). The observation was that cannabis, while it can(and does) decrease pain and inflammation, part of its effectiveness is that you just don’t care as much about the pain and inflammation. I think it is a bit psychosomatic. If your pain isn’t at the forefront of your thoughts, you don’t feel it as much. I don’t use much cannabis anymore. I find relief from a single toke off of a joint or bong(or my go to favorite now is small doses of edibles-longer lasting effect). Smoking too much gets me stoned so I can’t get anything done. A light buzz helps me focus on tasks(without making me spacey) and that distracts me somewhat from my aches and pains. That being said, if you are not consuming much more than a few hits a day, a 4x4 grow space is more than enough to keep you flush with bud. I grow in a 3x3 tent and have not had to harvest anything in a couple of years(and I give away a lot more than I consume).

Scott Here is a forum pic for you to use LOL
1663938980951.png

Welcome to the Passion, batman. My take on high CBD strains is they aren’t as effective at pain management as strains that are THC dominant. I read a brilliant observation somewhere a few years ago(I forget where or from who). The observation was that cannabis, while it can(and does) decrease pain and inflammation, part of its effectiveness is that you just don’t care as much about the pain and inflammation. I think it is a bit psychosomatic. If your pain isn’t at the forefront of your thoughts, you don’t feel it as much. I don’t use much cannabis anymore. I find relief from a single toke off of a joint or bong(or my go to favorite now is small doses of edibles-longer lasting effect). Smoking too much gets me stoned so I can’t get anything done. A light buzz helps me focus on tasks(without making me spacey) and that distracts me somewhat from my aches and pains. That being said, if you are not consuming much more than a few hits a day, a 4x4 grow space is more than enough to keep you flush with bud. I grow in a 3x3 tent and have not had to harvest anything in a couple of years(and I give away a lot more than I consume).

spot on!

my pain does not disappear

cannabis helps me deal with the pain mentally , although I do find relief from inflammation and achy joints with certain strains

same with magic mushrooms…..I had a full blown migraine and ate some shrooms and when I started tripping , I forgot about the pain…

it was still present but it was over there

Welcome batman. I understand your wanting low THC strains if you are taking anti psychotic drugs. THC may reduce the effect of antipsychotic drugs, significantly by some accounts. CBD functions as an antipsychotic, though. I looked into this for a family member recently and was warned off using THC by multiple doctors.

spot on!

my pain does not disappear

cannabis helps me deal with the pain mentally , although I do find relief from inflammation and achy joints with certain strains

same with magic mushrooms…..I had a full blown migraine and ate some shrooms and when I started tripping , I forgot about the pain…

it was still present but it was over there
Yep. The anti inflammatory properties are for real. I have a bum hip that swells and cuts off circulation/feeling to my leg. A little smoke and that swelling is gone.

Welcome batman. I understand your wanting low THC strains if you are taking anti psychotic drugs. THC may reduce the effect of antipsychotic drugs, significantly by some accounts. CBD functions as an antipsychotic, though. I looked into this for a family member recently and was warned off using THC by multiple doctors.
Good point. I missed the antipsychotic part of batmans intro.

Welcome aboard the forums little brother... I'm so glad to have another of my good Aussie friends join the forum. I know with your new tent, genetics and experience with doing the greenhouse thing that your more then ready to make the commitment you are..

Here's the Batman logo of buds I showed ya... hahaha
Batman.jpg

Almost time for you to start a grow thread mate.

Latest posts

Back