Hello from AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trfsrfr

Reaction score
Hi y'all!
First-timer here, just getting started.
I have 4 seedlings and another 3 in propagation.
Just purchased a TS1000 grow light, got two 65 watt LED bulbs, 4 T5's, and a 2x4 tent.
Looking forward to learning lots.
I have a tendency to over water so I think I need to start there.
I love being a noob!

Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Hope you are here not only to learn and grow along with others doing the same but we also have fun......check out the Misfits and Old Farts threads.

Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Hope you are here not only to learn and grow along with others doing the same but we also have fun......check out the Misfits and Old Farts threads.
I like to have fun!
I'll check out the threads, thanks for the tip!

Hello Trfsrfr and welcome aboard.

It was difficult to type in your name.

It's just short for turfsurf.
It's a skydiving term we use when we "swoop", a high-performance landing.
Essentially a big fat turn before landing, builds speed and creates lift, allowing us to "surf the turf" for a couple hundred yards.

Essentially a big fat turn before landing, builds speed and creates lift, allowing us to "surf the turf" for a couple hundred yards.

that makes perfect sense........do you pack your own parachute?

are you active or ex military?

after falling 3 floors through an elevator shaft , I do not like heights anymore

and my neck hurts

51A78F9B-04B9-419B-97A6-01A85B2DA16E.jpeg

The Ranch I been to the one in Gardners NY

Hello fellow growers,

It was suggested several days ago by Mr. @pute that I find my way over here to the intro section and tell everyone a bit about my grow. So, a week or two later:

I do a very small scale "perpetual" type grow, I have two in late flower (Bruce Banner/Acapulco Gold), one (Banana Kush) in transition in the flowering tent and two (Blue Gelato 41/ChemPie) seedlings @14 days in the veg tent, and six cuttings (BK) under a dome at the moment.

I grow small plants normally, flip them somewhere around the 3-4 week of veg, harvest 2-4 ounces per plant and normally finish around 100-110 days from birth. I don't grow those autoflower versions . . . doesn't make sense to me to invest my time and $ in a plant that does what it wants when it wants, doesn't provide cuttings or the ability to reveg if I want to run it back.

I grow in 70/30 Coco/perlite (I buy the Mother Earth's premixed) and use the GH Flora trio with Armor Si and CalMag, drain to waste. I hand feed/water daily to runoff . . . but as I get older (59 now) I'm looking more and more at some sort of automation because of those darn basement stairs that my old knees hate.

Flowering tent is a Vivosun 4x4 (zipper sucks) with an HLG Scorpion Rspec led, AC Infinity T6 exhaust fan with carbon filter and a small tower type oscillating fan from the wallyworld.

Veg tent is the Mars Hydro 3x5 with the 3x3/1x3 sections. I have a Mars Hydro TSW2000 in the 3x3 section and just a couple standard led bulbs (sans diffusers) in the seedling/clone section. Ventilation is a AC Infinity T4 exhaust and a small 6" fixed fan to move air around. I sometimes use this tent as a drying tent also and connect the carbon filter for that scenario.

I've been growing for a long time, but only discovered these online forums about a year or so ago . . . I mostly hang in the shadows and read. I know quite a bit about my own growing methods, but I would be lost if I had to try an indoor grow in soil. Like my mamma told me: "dirt belongs outside."

A good friend was attending Virginia Tech for an ag degree around 1990 and introduced me to hydroponics and GH Flora trio . . . the only thing I've changed since is the grow room is now a grow tent and HID lights are now LED. I'm sure I do some things wrong and some right but it's been working for me a long while and I'm good with it.

Set in my ways? You betcha!

Frogyrogy
I'm sort of the same way, but always willing to change up and vary from my regular path in pursuit of increased yield and Quality. In the old days we hung until dry and ta da, done. Curing got added awhile back, BIG increase in quality. Advent of tents, lighting advances and ventilation as well as availability of these items has really upped this game for the average grower.

Bubba

do you pack your own parachute?

are you active or ex military?
Not military, but I've trained them. And yes I do pack my own chute when necessary, but quite often I dont have time in between loads and have to hire someone to do it for me. I am also a packer and rigger.
The Ranch I been to the one in Gardners NY
Yep, thats the Ranch. I've never been there but have many friends who jump there. Maybe one of these days I'll get up that way.

Hello fellow growers,

It was suggested several days ago by Mr. @pute that I find my way over here to the intro section and tell everyone a bit about my grow. So, a week or two later:

I do a very small scale "perpetual" type grow, I have two in late flower (Bruce Banner/Acapulco Gold), one (Banana Kush) in transition in the flowering tent and two (Blue Gelato 41/ChemPie) seedlings @14 days in the veg tent, and six cuttings (BK) under a dome at the moment.

Frogyrogy

How's that Bruce Banner / Gold? I'm growing a Black Domina / Gold strain. Just perfect, it's my bud-rot-resistant type.

@bigsur51 , that should be amended to say I like my battle scars. They give me character, but of course, the original wounding is no walk in the park. I know you suffered tremendously. They sure did a nice job putting you back together.

I agree.
Pain is only temporary and chicks dig scars.
I've got plenty of my own.
Actually, I shouldn't even be here right now.
I guess God had different plans for me.

I agree.
Pain is only temporary and chicks dig scars.
I've got plenty of my own.
Actually, I shouldn't even be here right now.
I guess God had different plans for me.

You do know I'm a chick, don't you? I'm very physically tough, but my sort of secret is that I am a girly girl also.

Latest posts

Back