Hello hello...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherMonk

Reaction score
Long time grower and breeder. Started growing with permission from the folks, after I told them it did take away many symptoms of the terrible disease I suffer from. That was in the early 80's. I was 14 and had already pulled off a couple successful bush grows by then. After getting permission to grow on my ancestors property in the mountains, my skill steadily improved.

The first few years it was just bagseed grows. I saved seeds like many of my friends, from the best weed we could get our hands on. Always hoping to find something special the following season. We always pulled males before they opened. Sensi was what we were after. Cloning wasn't even thought of back then. It was something for the eggheads lol. I still kick myself to this day, for not learning how to clone sooner. If I had...RKS would be my #1 girl.

Of course I subscribed to the popular High Times back then. Got my first Marijuana Growers Handbook at 17. Started my first indoor grow that year with some "borrowed" transformers and sockets supplied by my job's maintenance dept. They also had some 1000 watt hps bulbs that had a half inch of dust on, that I thought would come in handy. Boy did they ever! After that first indoor grow, I was hooked. I grew some seed that I ordered from the catalog from Holland, via High Times Magazine. It took about 6 months to arrive, but when it did, all I could do was stare at the descriptions...racking my brain over which two strains I would order. After about three weeks of agonizing, I decided on Early Girl and NL5Haze. The seeds arrived unbroken and about 2 more months later. I was beginning to wonder if I just threw my money away before they arrived. BUt they showed up, and I haven't looked back since.

On about my third indoor grow, I didn't catch a herm before it dropped balls. Back then, I didn't even know what one was, until I read about it in my handbook. It was too late by the time I found out. He/she had already dropped balls and pollen. Although the resulting seeds weren't as terrible as I thought. Hindsight is 20/20 and I did get all girls from the resulting seeds. Didn't think much of it because life was knocking on my door, and the garden took a back seat for a while.

After a few years, life settled down and I began to grow again. This time with a vengeance. My OD grows were a little bigger than my britches some years. I was one of the most paranoid people around during harvest season. Having that much cannabis around, really did a job on my nerves. But I did manage to survive quite well. Everyone wanted what I had.

Now, I'm a little older and not willing to put my butt out there as much as I used to. A few plots every spring is all I can handle. The indoor thing is more to my liking anyways. Much more controllable, although expensive. Now I spend my time wisely. Instead of lumping water and supplies around, I can spend a few hrs a week and still do my thing comfortably.

So.....nice to join up over here. What country is this server in? Anywayz....glad to be here.

BM

High! I'm such a newbie that i haven't introduced myself. Currently growing and learning everyday.... Looking forward and welcome

Are you the same Brother Monk from the Hill Temple group? Tom Hill's deep chunk...purple monkey balls?

Welcome to the board, this place and people are awesome, You have landed in a good spot

Welcome to MP! How wonderful for you that you had enlightened parents. And you obviously discovered medicinal properties while most people at that age are just interested in "getting stoned". We hope that you are happy here!

High, glad your here... Just realized that i welcomed you already

Last edited:
Are you the same Brother Monk from the Hill Temple group? Tom Hill's deep chunk...purple monkey balls?
I was associated with them both for a brief, but enlightening time. Why do you ask?

Welcome to the board, this place and people are awesome, You have landed in a good spot
So I'm feeling...:cool2:

Welcome to MP... :48:
Thank you!

Welcome to MP.
Much appreciated!

hey brothermonk, welcome to MP
:)
Hey K! Nice to see a familiar face.

Welcome to MP! How wonderful for you that you had enlightened parents. And you obviously discovered medicinal properties while most people at that age are just interested in "getting stoned". We hope that you are happy here!
Hehheh...I will admit, at first, it was only about "getting stoned". I was lucky enough to be getting stoned as I was having an attack, and felt the waves of extreme pain subside to a mere squeek of what they were. The second and third happenings convinced me, and each successive flare up cemented my findings. It's then that I went to my parents and sat them down and had a very grown up conversation.

Welcome to MP. Nice to meet you.
Same to you my friend!

High, glad your here... Just realized that i welcomed you already
In that case, you get the last response lol! Thanks!!

I was associated with them both for a brief, but enlightening time. Why do you ask?

I am familiar with your work, is all. I have grown a few things of yours over the years. Sometimes people use the same or similar names on line and I wanted to be sure if you were the same BM I was thinking of.

Yeah, I understand. I haven't had mine hijacked yet. I am the breeder from Breedbay and my flagship is Nawak'osis. I've put out a few strains over the years, but only to satiate until this new release. Mostly medical as you know, from the Empire State that just recently jumped on the medicinal cannabis wagon.

Nice to meet you...again? What gear of mine have you grown? I hope you were satisfied. I'm always willing to help set things straight that may still be uneven if ya know what I mean.

Right now I'm working with some old NL5 and circa 2001 Blueberry(DJS) that I dug out of the vault. And also some of his Grape Krush for personal use. A few test runs will be happening as soon as the seed is cured. Until then, I may just have to set up a few threads over here. BBay seems to be hit and miss as far as even being online lately.

BM

Nice to meet ya. That pipe you posted reminds me of a peace pipe. " so we will smoke the pipe and their will be no lies amongst us"
Welcome to MP the factory rejects don't last long great place.

Latest posts

Back