Hello MJP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2theGame

Reaction score
I recently joined these forums and have aquired a ton of new knowledge. I am close to finishing my setup, and I am looking for some input from the community on the last few details.

My Setup:

36x36 secret jardin grow tent
400w lumatek digital ballast
predator series viper.
4 diy top drip buckets

I am assuming that the hydro buckets with up the humidity in the tent and im not sure how hot the 400w will get but im concerned. am im going to have humidity/heat issues in a 3x3 area?

So my tent will have 4 plants and I am on the hunt for fans. What is a good enough fan for roughly 50 square feet of ventalation. I was planning on hooking up an inline right on my light (6inch) and then having another fan for air intake, but thats where you come in :)

put a good exhaust fan on and you will only need passive intake, something around 250 cfm should work.

my exhaust fan should pull through the light correct? what is meant by a passive fan? could you show me an example please?

Passive intake is the screened vent at the bottom of your tent. You use the fans to pull air out of the tent, while allowing fresh air to enter through the vent. Pulling the air out through the light helps keep the heat down by removing the heat as it comes off of the light.

sweetness. i also noticed that 6 inch inline fans vary in price from 25-250 bucks. Any thoughts on how much should be spent, or perhaps point me in the direction of a reliable economic exhaust fan?

Latest posts

Back