Hello. New here. First time growing. Need advice on how to save my plants .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessilyn78

Reaction score
They were doing wonderful. Buds were starting to grow. My boyfriend put syrup and water on them and next day leaves were wilted and curling. Were currently having a heat wave right now as well. I think they might be over watered. I don't believe adding ice to dirt during the heat of the day would be good for them. Won't that shock the plants? I've been researching for days and they are in a fragile state right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20190827_183353.jpg
    20190827_183353.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190824_183522.jpg
    20190824_183522.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to MP! I am so sorry about your grow problems. I hope someone here can help you save this plant.
I am no expert, but here is what I think.
Unsulphered molasses is really beneficial, but syrup.. not so much.
If your plant is drooping and your soil stays wet you may be overwatering.

I wish you all the best.

Hi Jessilyn78....Welcome to Mp...Sorry to see your plant in a bad shape... The heat is tuff but doing things out of the normal is worse. Good luck on turning it around.

I'm a bit confused with the pictures. Is this an after and a before pic of the same plant? The plant in the first picture is in rough shape and I doubt that you will be able to save it. The second pic, the plant looks healthy and happy. However from the background, it looks like this is the same plant?

I am not sure that the syrup watering is the cause of the plant's problems though. While syrup is not a recommended additive, I don't believe that it has anything in it that would have this effect overnight.

Marijuana plants can tolerate quite a bit of heat. Last year, I had 3 straight weeks where the temps got 100 or over. While I believe that it affected my yield, the plants survived just fine. You can use shade cloth to keep the sun off your plants if you believe that they are getting too much sun.

Tell us more about your grow....did you amend the soil around the plants before you planted? If so, with what? What have you been feeding them? How much? How often? How much do you water them? How often? What are your temps? Humidity?

My advice is to find out what your boyfriend did to that plant and see a patent lawyer tomorrow. I have hit poison ivy with straight up round up and had worse results. You have a multibillion dollar weed killer if it is enviro-friendly...

They were doing wonderful. Buds were starting to grow. My boyfriend put syrup and water on them and next day leaves were wilted and curling. Were currently having a heat wave right now as well. I think they might be over watered. I don't believe adding ice to dirt during the heat of the day would be good for them. Won't that shock the plants? I've been researching for days and they are in a fragile state right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi welcome to MP!.
It looks more likely that you must have given them water in the middle of the day that's never a good thing to do here.

Always water plants early before sun up or after much later in the after noon.

Because doing this otherwise will burn up your plants paired.

As THG has said where? what? & when?
We really would need to know more information about that!.

Also if your plant was doing fine before then your boyfriend should have left it alone and to letting the plant doing its thing. Because as the old saying goes if its looking good don't fix it.

Your boyfriend shouldn't have given it syrup because to much of anything is never a good thing but in your case this seems to be what had happened here with the 2 things that I have talked about here.

Syrups are never a good idea to feeding a plants. As burnin1 has said and I totally agree with the statement: Unsulphered molasses is really beneficial, but syrup..Never

As for feeding plants I recommend using Jacks 20-20-20 fertilizer once a month half strength.
https://www.amazon.com/Peters-Class...=1&qid=1567184293&s=gateway&sprefix=Jacks+20-

Sincerely,
Cannabis Kid

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back