Help… autos doing well but this one seems to be having problems…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcgill480

Reaction score
This Mephisto 3 Bears OG 5th week owt the soil… Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, and Bloom, FFOF soil, under 1000 watt COB LED, plenty of ventilation, exhaust and in-line fan with fresh air coming in bad air going owt…Average of 75 degrees, RH 52%…. I have another right next to it that’s doing well, but for some reason this one keeps looking overwatered, and wilting, I put a small fan pointed directly at soil in case I overwatered last time I watered but I woke up to it looking like this and it looks like this every morning… please Help!!!!
F40DB4C6-0714-4987-9F13-2C8DA44FA19C.jpeg
B3EEAA59-BF3B-45C8-91DE-8C958F420866.jpeg

Looks like that one is not drinking as much. I have plants from the same strain treated equally but don’t react the same. Can your water get out thru the bottom of the pot? I found one pot once that was clogged. Maybe these are cloth pots tho?
Yes they are cloth pots and they are draining well… but I use advanced nutrients so I usually don’t water with much runoff

Yes they are cloth pots and they are draining well… but I use advanced nutrients so I usually don’t water with much runoff
Always water until half in runs out. For example if you need 1 gal until it is full, put another half gal through it every time. If you aren’t running off how are you testing it?

*and test your runoff PH and PPM “mid stream” like how the nurse tells you to capture your urine for a urine test halfway through.😝

to me they look overwatered. Week 2/3 is the hardest part of the transition…you say week 5 but that’s really slow to me. It looks like week 3, so that’s some slow transition. I’d nicely repot one and inspect the roots for slime or brown/orange rot.

here is my current OG just started week 6 today.
C7701A34-25CC-41EF-ABDE-1E613345A1B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Always water until half in runs out. For example if you need 1 gal until it is full, put another half gal through it every time. If you aren’t running off how are you testing it?

*and test your runoff PH and PPM “mid stream” like how the nurse tells you to capture your urine for a urine test halfway through.😝

to me they look overwatered. Week 2/3 is the hardest part of the transition…you say week 5 but that’s really slow to me. It looks like week 3, so that’s some slow transition. I’d nicely repot one and inspect the roots for slime or brown/orange rot.

here is my current OG just started week 6 today.View attachment 293498
Absolutely… well noted, I’ve never tested runoff, I haven’t even used my ppm meter… so basically there’s just not enough water going on in either??? I will start watering more on their next watering which will be in 2 days… and start using meter and let you know the results with pics and comments… thank you very much!!! Btw man that OG look good as hell!!!

Absolutely… well noted, I’ve never tested runoff, I haven’t even used my ppm meter… so basically there’s just not enough water going on in either??? I will start watering more on their next watering which will be in 2 days… and start using meter and let you know the results with pics and comments… thank you very much!!! Btw man that OG look good as ****!!!
Woah if you’ve never tested runoff then they are probably nute locking. With LED’s also the intensity is very low on lower growth and almost zero heat penetrates the soil. Therefore transpiration rates inside the plant will be lower. And with a fan evaporation rates on the soil will be higher. If you are feeding AH schedule you are probably over feeding them a bit. First thing to do is flush em and test the runoff. If PPM is higher then what you put in, then they are over fed, vice versa is true too, same for PH also. Good luck And thank you.

Woah if you’ve never tested runoff then they are probably nute locking. With LED’s also the intensity is very low on lower growth and almost zero heat penetrates the soil. Therefore transpiration rates inside the plant will be lower. And with a fan evaporation rates on the soil will be higher. If you are feeding AH schedule you are probably over feeding them a bit. First thing to do is flush em and test the runoff. If PPM is higher then what you put in, then they are over fed, vice versa is true too, same for PH also. Good luck And thank you.
Thank you very much for the information and it will be used from this point on… I’m pretty new to growing, only a solid year to year and a half under my belt so thank you very much!!!!

Always keep in the back of your head that you cannot evaporate salts with water. The plant will use the nutrients it needs and discard the rest in the soil. So if overfed even slightly there will be a buildup in the soil. Since you cannot perfectly predict what a plant needs without a long time studying it and flowering it’s clones, you assume there is always salt building up and you flush a little with every water. A lot of testing of runoff will let you really get in tune with the plants needs.

if the problem isnt obvious - light (dry) or always heavy (overwatered) - then start with testing runoff.

You’ll get it down. Its a long game.

Always keep in the back of your head that you cannot evaporate salts with water. The plant will use the nutrients it needs and discard the rest in the soil. So if overfed even slightly there will be a buildup in the soil. Since you cannot perfectly predict what a plant needs without a long time studying it and flowering it’s clones, you assume there is always salt building up and you flush a little with every water. A lot of testing of runoff will let you really get in tune with the plants needs.

if the problem isnt obvious - light (dry) or always heavy (overwatered) - then start with testing runoff.

Okay…this is all information I never payed much attention to b/c I had a little success in my 1st run and just didn’t do the leg work to be better, but the goal is to be better with every run and with the info you have shared I’m on the way… Thank you very much, all of this is very well received!!!!

What should the numbers be as far as runoff at this stage of their development???

@OGKushman thanks for all your help here’s a look at the tent… the 2 top left are what I was having problems with… the two to the right in the corner and below it are sour stomper and skywalkerxcreme de la Chem…. Top middle is my strain Donny Burger x Purple Punch OG, below that is Bubbles(Greenpoint Seeds) it’s a ******* beast still in veg, and Alien Punch next to it to the left Greenpoint Seeds as well…. They have the best Genetics I’ve experienced in my short growing life of 1 1/2 years… they’re all doing well!!! Any and all advice is welcome… today makes week 7 for the entire tent

Attachments

• C7C09049-F07A-4E20-B98D-3E331D8E70F4.jpeg
    C7C09049-F07A-4E20-B98D-3E331D8E70F4.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back