HELP 600w Hps problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coloradoguy76

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a four weeks in on a super lemon haze/spicy white devil grow and I wanting to start switching into flowering but a HUGE problem just arose with my light.

I have a 600w hps in a glass cool tube set up traditionally with the filter on one side and the fan and duct on the other. Over the past few days Ive noticed the light is going off and on by itself. Ill wake up and its off and everything drooping. Then itll come back on 20 mins later or just turn on and off every 5 mins. The package I ordered is basically new it did the last 2 weeks of a grow before this on.

Could it be getting too hot and shutting off? Is there a way to reset a ballast? On the last grow I just threw it in towards the end, I didnt hook everything up to it. It almost seems like when attatched the fan and filter to it this started happening a few days later.

It was alot of work and it dont want to tear it all down for no reason. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HPS bulbs cycle when there going bad.

Are the ends of the arc tube black?

seriously though the bulb hasnt even been used the equiv of half a grow.. or the ballast and socket or that matter

bho_expertz said:
It should be the ballast. Warranty :aok:

Im still betting on the bulb as cycling is the most common symptom.

Latest posts

Back