Help a first timer out got holes in my leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn

Reaction score
I’m a beginner first grow they are auto flowering female plants one has holes in leaves should I use been oil if it’s bugs I don’t see any bugs tho but like I said I’m a newbie Help
I’m using fox farm soil nothing else

Attachments

• 85801360-7CF4-4F10-AC60-E00A913EEC97.jpeg
    85801360-7CF4-4F10-AC60-E00A913EEC97.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61
  • C1BF7EBA-AD5D-46D6-AE37-564836D60171.jpeg
    C1BF7EBA-AD5D-46D6-AE37-564836D60171.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DCB170D6-AF8C-48CC-852D-7259EF04B5B8.jpeg
    DCB170D6-AF8C-48CC-852D-7259EF04B5B8.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 70
Hello Dawn, Where are the plants kept!? Maybe you have someone visiting your girls and take off when your around or something.... they deffinetly have something munching on them, at least to my eyes.... :(

Tell us more about your setup? We can help you out better ;)

I still have them in cups inside a warm room they r on windowsill like I said these are my first try at growing I’m still learning waiting to replant them in 3 gallon containers I bought neem oil haven’t received it yet in case it’s bugs I can’t see anything on them tho would appreciate any info please

Some sort of bug, kind of looks like Japanese Beetle damage but you would notice them.
Do NOT use Neem oil, there may be a link between neem oil and certain sicknesses, it may be nothing but it's not worth the risk.
A little Dawn dish soap mixed with water, maybe some soybean oil and a touch of capsicum (hot pepper oil) and you're all set.

Thank you I’ll try the dawn do I just spray the leaves with it? And do I need to add nutrients if I’m using organic fox farm soil?

Fox farm Ocean forest has nutrients to take you 6 weeks. Your plants are on a window sill but have caterpillars? i am confused. Please go read our stickys here, there is a lot of info for new folks . Continue to ask questions, and welcome to MP.

Welcome to MP.

Your plant is almost certainly getting eaten by some kind of bug. However, to reiterate what JG said, do not use neem oil. First, identify the pest and then get something appropriate for what you are battling. IMO, it is not a good idea to go willy-nilly treating for things when you have no idea at all what your problem is. What are your plans for these? A window sill does not supply nearly enough light for a cannabis plant.

Also, if your avatar is a pic of you, I suggest changing it. Even if you are legal, there are thieves out there and it really is not a good idea to have your actual pic on a site like this.

Welcome to MP.

Your plant is almost certainly getting eaten by some kind of bug. However, to reiterate what JG said, do not use neem oil. First, identify the pest and then get something appropriate for what you are battling. IMO, it is not a good idea to go willy-nilly treating for things when you have no idea at all what your problem is. What are your plans for these? A window sill does not supply nearly enough light for a cannabis plant.

Also, if your avatar is a pic of you, I suggest changing it. Even if you are legal, there are thieves out there and it really is not a good idea to have your actual pic on a site like this.
Thank u

Dawn. I am also new here however, you have enough support to aid you in anything you face with this community of fellowship! They will not steer you wrong. sometimes blunt and to the point but a open mind an some tough skin, LoL.

I would agree most certainly with Hemp Godess...! You need to do your research and asking around, but once you have it settled, trust your gut!

I also had some close calls on my first grow, basically starting out with nothing....I might add for a newbie, I have been blessed with some good knowledge and some good input from our friends here! This is a rewarding time for you. There are a lot of joys giving life to these plants! Treat them with TLC and you will do just fine! Good luck on your grow...now my suggestions..

Get them out of the window sill. Invest in some lighting....some cover, if you choose to grow in doors. You will have more control over your environment for your plants. They are resilient and will bounce back! Take a look at my posts....you can make due with very little around the house for a DIY for the time being until you can beef things up!

So what are you plans for your grow? For now if the window sill is all you have, make sure your window is secure from entry of bugs. Tape the holes up, whatever you can do to protect your plant. I promise it will be rewarding!

Good luck, keep us all posted!

Let us know how the dawn dish soap works out, take your time and be patient and I am sure it will work out well for you!

Dawn. I am also new here however, you have enough support to aid you in anything you face with this community of fellowship! They will not steer you wrong. sometimes blunt and to the point but a open mind an some tough skin, LoL.

I would agree most certainly with Hemp Godess...! You need to do your research and asking around, but once you have it settled, trust your gut!

I also had some close calls on my first grow, basically starting out with nothing....I might add for a newbie, I have been blessed with some good knowledge and some good input from our friends here! This is a rewarding time for you. There are a lot of joys giving life to these plants! Treat them with TLC and you will do just fine! Good luck on your grow...now my suggestions..

Get them out of the window sill. Invest in some lighting....some cover, if you choose to grow in doors. You will have more control over your environment for your plants. They are resilient and will bounce back! Take a look at my posts....you can make due with very little around the house for a DIY for the time being until you can beef things up!

So what are you plans for your grow? For now if the window sill is all you have, make sure your window is secure from entry of bugs. Tape the holes up, whatever you can do to protect your plant. I promise it will be rewarding!

Good luck, keep us all posted!

Let us know how the dawn dish soap works out, take your time and be patient and I am sure it will work out well for you!

Thanks I found the caterpillar on my plant n removed it so I didn’t spray my plant
My plan is to transplant my plants to 3 gallon buckets not sure when as I said I’m a newbie I will move buckets in sun during daytime n bring inside at night these are autoflowering seeds so they will grow quickly from what I understand I appreciate all your advice I’m just praying I’m successful my first time around I’m using fox farm soil so I was told to start nutrients after six weeks so that’s the plan so far I’m just learning as I go lol

Hellow Dawn.. Welcome to MP..
No doubt you are in good hands here we are all marijuana gardeners here and we are all brothers and sisters here willing to helping our own family marijuana friendly growers and including newbies as well such as yourself.

None the less you are in the right website in place in time in learning new things because we are never to old to learn something new from one another including myself to as well.

Not everyone knows everything but that's what's really great about being a part of the family of this site. Always keeping an open mind and heart here because we all won't stear you wrong here!.

Making mistakes as we all going along in life by itself is sometimes a good thing because we learn from our mistakes and know not to ever repeat it again.

So never fear we all got your back here!.

Considering everyone here I have adopted as my own family here even if they are aware of it or not, LOL

I personally love everyone here to be totally honest with you because everyone here tells you like it is and are blunt and to the point and just the way I like it, to be truly honest with you, and everyone here are rock stars in my eyes in my personal opinion and are the best people I have ever talked to anywhere on the net by far hands down!..

Sincerely,

CK

If-You-Smoke-Weed-Before-An-Eating-600x621.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back