Help Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsoborednow

Reaction score
Hi Guys
On inspection of my girls, (one week before harvesting:)) I found these things on the underside of one of leaves i was checking for tric colour, What the in hell are they and how do I send them back. Not red spider mites cos there like dark brown /black and tiny . BUG GUN? I am only a week away from harvest so I dont want to make my buds rank by spraying with any chems thats uneccessary. Thx

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

Whats up imsoborednow. I can't enlarge the picture but IMHO it looks just like Spider Mites. :eek:

Think your right Bro Grunt. Just found a redneck on another plant!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggested course of action? PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to trhe hardware store..............THIS IS WAR.............

A week prior to harvesting...

Go get yourself a couple pest strips...200.jpg

Hang them right off the stems if ya can...place one down on the soil...and then carry on as usual.

They'll be effective in chasing away the adults...being just a week from harvest...that's about as much action as you can safely take without goofing your final results.

But,...when your harvest is done...you're going to have to delouse your grow space. Bomb the area with foggers, bleach all your containers...go the extra mile or risk future infestation once they've new plants to chew on for the next generation of pests.

Should've mentioned...

Soon as you've taken them down, prior to hanging them to dry...stick your harvest in a freezer for a few hours so that any remaining mites get good a killed, eggs too...otherwise, they'll continue to eat during the cure.

I've never had spider-mites...I have though suffered scabies. I can attest, that every thing that an infestation comes into contact with must be treated to prevent a future outbreak.

Unless you take the time to blast all hell out of the grow space...and make sure that no infected plant comes into contact with one not...same goes with carrying mites on your person. (the bugr'z hitch a ride on your skin and clothes)....people that don't nuke their space free of mites after the first onset end up having to fight with them again and again on future grows.

Adults have to die, and eggs have to be killed...eggs have to be killed...eggs have to be killed...otherwise, they'll hatch and start the mess all over again.

Practice preventive measures and bug infestations become a negated threat to one's grow.

yup spider mites . im a newb to mj but not to veggies tomatoes and such and what u got there are spiddy mites do u see traces of what seem to b spider webs on the plant . they dont spin websbs but use these stringgy things to b mobile.

hey guys sorry to butt in but i have a question about some bugs i have in my area...... well i have nats i am newb to this and i am not sure if they r harmful so if someone could let me know and again i am sorry to hijack

gnats..."Only fungus gnats commonly damage plants. Larvae of these flies feed on roots, thus stunting plant growth. Root damage can occur in interior plantscapes and in houseplants if high populations infest moist, organic-rich soil. Fungus gnat larval damage can be especially serious in greenhouses, nurseries, and sod farms. In addition to larvae chewing on roots, both larvae and adults can spread plant pathogens and may promote disease in commercial crops."

more on gnats..

go get a large can of DR. DOOM, ITS A MITICIDE/INSECTICIDE COMBO oops and a fumagator. good fer ticks and spiders; of which mites are the same family. or END ALL or neem oil for leaves only. i got them now too with less then a week to go. i use dr. doom for adult kill; dont worry about the eggs. strips will not do anything fer spidermites, they do not fly and are on the underside of leaves. that pic looked like a 2 spot mite. there are around 50 diff. kinds

IF IT SAYS INSECTICIDE DONT BUY IT. SPIDERMITES ARE NOT INSECTS. THEY ARE SPIDERS - 8 LEGS

strips will not do anything fer spidermites, they do not fly and are on the underside of leaves.
The picture is of a "No pest Strip" it isn't a "sticky" trap. It emits an insecticide.
They are somewhat effective on controling an infestation. But mites tend to build an immunity to them pretty quick. They are NOT a miticide.

Righto Hick-ster...

Just me offering a non-toxic, non-contact, non diificult thing to do when theres only a week to go.

Anyone wanting to spray, even an organic miticide on their plants that are that close to harvest...yeah...be my guest. I hope ya like the taste of bug killer followed closely by your forehead mutating the growth of a 3rd eye.

an american product - thxs hick. learn sumthin every day. ours like that are stickies.

ever tried it will - y? you apply it to the open air - dr. doom is a FUMEGATOR and settles all over the room and ya cant taste nothing. its gone by the time you crop off . all miticides have what they call "half-lifes" and most insecticides too as they were invented fer food crops.
dam, but i wish that people would research things. this is flustrating - check the forum posts on miticides please.

dr. doom kills on contact and then after a few days breaks down to blow away - kills the adults that are causing the damage. you do know how that is caused dont ya? you can repeat after 5 - 6 days again - its a "bandaid fix" to get you to harvest.

oh and cold will not kill them - they hibernate

Cold does kill mites...it has to be a hunkered down egg that survives a winter.

I don't give a hoohaa if dr.doom is 100% innocuous 5 seconds after being airborne...with a week to go I'd be after passive solutions...its bad enough theres mites...but mites and leftover miticide with just a few days to go...that would not work for me.

ew

really, a week before harvest and no webs. i would use nothing except ice water foliar wise. hope he is flushing

p.s. hick, thxs, i missed the 1 week thing. im just doing the above as i have a light invasion as i doom'ed them over 2 weeks ago and they are on flushing. im not sure on my time as i had that power out and it messed up everything.

i use chem miticides as you know. i treat my babies to a soil mit that will flush out in 5 weeks max. then if i get a problem, i switch to organic solutions. been fighting these critters fer 3 years or more now. every1 has them hereabouts

W ï l l said:
Righto Hick-ster...

Just me offering a non-toxic, non-contact, non diificult thing to do when theres only a week to go.

Anyone wanting to spray, even an organic miticide on their plants that are that close to harvest...yeah...be my guest. I hope ya like the taste of bug killer followed closely by your forehead mutating the growth of a 3rd eye.

Understood will. Abd I agree, I would be very apprehensive applying anything at this late stage. But that includes the NPS. The NPS does emit an insecticide, and "if" I recall correctly, the label states "not to be used in food serving areas or kitchens". That raises a red flag for me.

Cooler tempertures and higher humidity levels help to curb their reproduction process. Slowing the growth of the infestation. I would recommend that, in combination with either isapropyl misting on the underside of leaves or manual removal with a hand held vacume. Even sticky traps or double sided tape will capture a lot of mites if placed at the stem.
As you said, it's too late to do much about eliminating the pests in this grow. Reducing the number you're gonna smoke is the only alternative.

you will not be smoking any mites guys. they will all be dead and gone before the bud is cured.

Dead mites remain stuck to the buds and eggs remain on the foilage.
But the bright side.."they taste like chicken"

I wonder if thats what all the crackling and sizzling happening in my bowl from time to time is...

Fried mites! :rolleyes:

Well... Bug Gunned 'em Yesterday, I had sticy traps down will but I wernt catching nuffin, On bug gun it says that you can eat the 'fruit' one day after spraying, I hope it aint gonna taint the taste??????? ,went away for the weekend , just finished checking, some yellowing of some leaves buds have gone a bit browner..... but no sign of those critters yet..checked 4 leaves...but me trikes are looking cloudy..I like the advice will to freeze the buds after harvest will try it. Question?????? If I wash the buds when I harvest??? Will it wash off... a. the bug gun spray? b. the dead f***in spider shit an that?

Latest posts

Back