HELP! dunno what stage to do...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
Ok folks.. i dont know what to do... these guys have been in veg for almost 2 months, they are under 2 gro-lux and a spot-gro, in the last 1.5 weeks they have been growing these preflowers but have not started alternating nodes, i dont know what these pre-flowers mean, and whether i should put them into flowering of not.. and should they smell so good at this point??? :):)

PS yes i knos they are a little stretched, im getting a better light soon ;)

Plant3.JPG

Plant1.JPG

I am actually not seeing any pre flowers. I just see the normal shoots emerging from your nodes.

can you explain what pre-flowers are?

look on the sex ed thread it will show u wut they look like

just a lil fyi....the plant in the pic has alternating nodes on it....

fleshstain said:
just a lil fyi....the plant in the pic has alternating nodes on it....
sorry fleshstain but the plant that he has in the pic does not have alternating nodes. As you can see the leaves are perfectly across from each other. When leaves are alternating one leaf will be higher than the other. Here is a pic.

100_1784.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
sorry fleshstain but the plant that he has in the pic does not have alternating nodes. As you can see the leaves are perfectly across from each other. When leaves are alternating one leaf will be higher than the other. Here is a pic.

for me personally i start flowering when i have about 8-10 nodes alternating in this manner....i've never had any problems and have pretty much always been able to get good yields....i guess it just falls into the "more than 1 way to skin a cat" category....
Plant1.jpg

Yes, while you can flower your plant at almost any age or height it is best to wait until they are mature. A sure sign of maturity is alternating nodes. which will be followed by pre flowers.

Brothers Grunt has explained alternating nodes very well. I will also add another pic to his.

It seems that it can be easy to mistake side branching with pre flowers and alternating nodes.

pix5.jpg

"Alternating" nodes are a sign of 'sexual maturity', so are preflowers. Plants flowered prior to maturity, both yeild a little less and aren't to their full potential of potency. Not only 'my' 25+ yrs of experience has shown me this, but it is a well known fact in the cultivation community.
Not to say that pre-mature plants won't do well, they simply don't live up to their full potential. And isn't that what we are all after?.."Optimal results" for time and effort expended?

ok great, thanks, i am going to continue veg untill i see some alt-nodes.. i have switched my lighitng cycle from 18/6 -> 24/0 and i an getting great results, the plants atre growing 1 1/2 inches a day and the nodes are not NEARLY as stretched out as they were before, question tho... what if this plant gets like 5' tall and sitll doesn't have alternating nodes, do i force into flowering?

lighitng cycle from 18/6 -> 24/0 and i an getting great results, the plants atre growing 1 1/2 inches a day and the nodes are not NEARLY as stretched
..uh-huh..there in lies the reason that sooo many folks "claim" to have more vigerous growth under 18/6. They stretch looking for light dureing the dark period.

Look into LST, training for your heighth issues. That is one of the perils of growing from seed, v.s. clones. Clones can be flowered at any heighth once rooted, without loseing any potential.

Hick said:
..uh-huh..there in lies the reason that sooo many folks "claim" to have more vigerous growth under 18/6. They stretch looking for light dureing the dark period.

Look into LST, training for your heighth issues. That is one of the perils of growing from seed, v.s. clones. Clones can be flowered at any heighth once rooted, without loseing any potential.

Very Interesting Hick.

Yeah man...but we all gotta start somewhere right?

Latest posts

Back