Help I can't figure this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your soil is way to hot
Wrong, if that were the case the tips of all the leaves would be burned off.

He has splotching, and also said he is growing in soil and coco and has the same issue.

One other thing besides what I said that would cause the issue he is seeing is a Potash deficiency, or worst case broad mites.

Sounds like no matter what's going on with it flushing is going to help so I will start there and get a digital PH meter. I will also give Jammers suggestion a try as I have nothing to lose there except hoping he is wrong

I hope I am wrong as well, but if I am not PM me and we'll knock them out with a quickness in case I miss this thread.
:48:

Wrong, if that were the case the tips of all the leaves would be burned off.

He has splotching, and also said he is growing in soil and coco and has the same issue.

One other thing besides what I said that would cause the issue he is seeing is a Potash deficiency, or worst case broad mites.

Sorry i think your wrong my guess its a nutrient solution burn guaranteed i have had plants look perfect yet stop growing when i flushed i had over 2000 ppm and ph dropped below 5.3 once i got everything in check from flushing it took right off
i also have seen burns on leafs like this where it comes fast so no warnings like typical leaf tips which is a gradual salt build up
bottom line he has enough NPK in soil with his coco its not coco coir its actually a blended mix with enough of everything already in it be like making sub cools soil but add chemical nutrients every watering what would happen ??? in a matter of time

Also by looking at the plant its starting from the bottom and working its way up indicating its issue is in the macronutrient if it started on top of plant it be a micro issue .....
And on other note looking at his other leafs there starting to slowly curl downwards also indicating salt build up THE CLAW

Sorry i think your wrong my guess its a nutrient solution burn guaranteed i have had plants look perfect yet stop growing when i flushed i had over 2000 ppm and ph dropped below 5.3 once i got everything in check from flushing it took right off
i also have seen burns on leafs like this where it comes fast so no warnings like typical leaf tips which is a gradual salt build up
bottom line he has enough NPK in soil with his coco its not coco coir its actually a blended mix with enough of everything already in it be like making sub cools soil but add chemical nutrients every watering what would happen ??? in a matter of time

Also by looking at the plant its starting from the bottom and working its way up indicating its issue is in the macronutrient if it started on top of plant it be a micro issue .....
And on other note looking at his other leafs there starting to slowly curl downwards also indicating salt build up THE CLAW

What you are failing to read is he is growing in TWO, not one but TWO mediums, and has the same exact issue going on in BOTH.

I'm not quite sure how you can see the leaves are "Slowly" curling downwards but that is typically too much nitrogen, but great try.

I'm also curious how you can tell from these "Still" pics at what end the damage started, which BTW your posted info above is also incorrect on micro and macro nutrients, but hey you're at least consistent.

Let me try to clear something up the damage started in the middle of the plants and has worked its way down I am not seeing any damage to the tops of my plants nor am I seeing curling at this time. I am growing in two different mediums, but the damage started while they were all planted in the pro-mix and the change of soil has not seemed to effect ie speed up or slow down the rate at which the plants are showing damage.

I am more inclined to think that it is either a pH issue or a bug issue myself. First, you said that they were in promix and then coco. According to your meter, the pH is running around 6.8 but your medium is more like soilless(soilless pH should be closer to 6.3. If your meter is off some and the pH is much higher then that would account for the odd burning look to the leaves. Second, I see little spots on the leaves that look like possible bug chew marks.

Get the pH in the right range with a good pH meter and check the plants very close in bright light, using a magnifying lens to see any tiny bugs that could be present on the leaves. Green Mojo :)

It's great that everyone chipped in to help solve the growing problem the plants look very healthy now.

What fixed it for you ? I'm having the same symptoms.

MJ lives and dies by pH. It controls the plants' ability to absorb nutrients, so it is a number one culprit ffor problems. The second more common issue that MJ suffers is an imbalance of nutrients in the medium/soil, which is usually a buildup of unused chemicals in the medium/soil that can come from several different things. That is why we always ask what is the pH, then what and how much/how often you feed. Everything pretty much boils down to those 2 things.

The caveat to the last statement is also a very common problem that I don't count the same as the above problems. That would be over or under watering the plants. I don't count that the same as the more complicated issues because it is just a matter of getting the proper watering schedule down and/or aerating your water to get more oxygen to the roots. :)

Didnt read the comments in this thread. My advice:

Ph needs to be between 5.8 and 6.8 depending on the pheno.

Its far too hot in there. 78 max.

you have base nutes, no micors or metals. From what ive seen anyways.

ph your water before watering, every time, even if its just water. Test run-off.

I recommend earth juice micro, or gh micro. Be careful, gh micro has a ton of nitrogen in it...but it works very well to fix problems.

Latest posts

Back