Help I can't figure this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have leaves on all of my plants that are turning yellow and brown. I have looked at the leaf guides and can't figure out what's going on. When it first started we had just sprayed for powdery mildew because the plants had it when we got them I thought that perhaps the mix was wrong and it had burned them because they were black. I have since removed all those leaves and this is what's popping up. I transplanted them all on the 19th some are in Pro Mix HP and some are in Coco Loco.

View attachment IMG_0037.jpg

View attachment IMG_0038.jpg

View attachment IMG_0039.jpg

View attachment IMG_0041.jpg

View attachment IMG_0067.jpg

View attachment IMG_0068.jpg

View attachment IMG_0069.jpg

View attachment IMG_0073.jpg

View attachment IMG_0072.jpg

Looks like you could have gotten some feed water on the leaves, buts just my guess, I'm sure more people will chime in.

i m not that experienced but i had the same problem it was to much nitrogen andb overwatering just my 2 cents i could be wrong but i had the exact same problem 8PLANETS8

iGOT A GOOD QUERSTION I BOUGHTB MIR GROW TO USE IN MY SOIL SET UP THIS TIME AM I IN THE RIGHT PLACE SOMEONE LET ME NO IF IM BREAKING RULES THIS IS A GOOD PLACE EVERYONE CARES ANYWAY DID I DO THE RIGHT THING I FOND A WILD SET UP WITH 3 POTS IN ONE FOR THE ROOTS TO GROW BIG MY LAst grow was hydro but after 3 times i got it sometimes i need spocks mine melt for memory its a ***** getting older so what abot the mir grow 6 mounths potting soil and it has every thing in it that is micro and macro please help im at a lost Albert

First thing...ditch that "ph" probe. You need a digital ph meter.

I would guess its a combo of overnute and ph. It does look like some form of root rot or overwatering. Does your containers have drainage holes??

def to much feed. I would upgrade your meter and sprinkle some dolomite lime on top of each container.

the ones growing in coco will prolly end up needing some extra calmag at least during transition from veg to flower.

I usually let the water sit for a couple days then PH it with a kit this is the first time I have used the PH side of this reader just figured you guys would want to know it (but I will get a different one) I alternate watering and feeding about every 5 days or so depending on if the soil has dried I only water about a 1/3 of a gallon per plant in the 5 gallon buckets and have never watered to run though but they do have holes drilled in the bottom.

I am feeding the recommended amounts so should I space out my feedings more or water it down a bit?

I usually let the water sit for a couple days then PH it with a kit

What kind of "kit"? PH strips? Those suck as well. A digital ph pen or meter is what you need. PH is one of the most important things for someone who is not growing 100 percent Organic. If your ph is off you could be doing everything right and will still have problems.

When you water your plants water them until the water runs out the bottom (on a saucer), go back and check your saucers, the water will probably be gone. These plants like a deep long drink and then to dry out completely then do it all again. If there is a lot of water left in the saucer dump it out. I don't think there will be.

I have watered until run though on all of my other grows but a local grower here suggested that I limit water though veg and start watering to run though once they entered flower he said it increases the root ball so I figured I would give it a try for one grow and see what happened

By theory it causes the roots to stretch outward in search of water increasing the size of your root ball while still proving enough water around the base to keep it healthy. I don't know he seems to have great success with it and I am always up to trying something that may strengthen my plants for at leased one grow. I will be sure to post a pic of what happens when I harvest

If your plants were looking stellar I wouldn't say anything, but they are not.

While it very well could be a PH issue, I'm not convinced it is.

If you have some sort of white potato laying around, cut off one of the ends about 3/4" thick and place it on top of the soil with the fresh cut side up. [brown side on the soil] Just before your lights come on the enxt day go in and use a flashlight or the like to observe the potato and look for some very small looking black bugs AKA adult fungus gnats.

Larva damage looks exactly like what you are experiencing, and while I may be wrong best to check and make sure.

Best of luck.

Your soil is way to hot,,,,,, tho i never herd of loco coco i looked it up here is the ingredients: COCO LOCO Potting soil consists of : Certified Organic Compost, Aged Forest Humus, Coco Coir (low sodium and PH balanced), Perlite, Pure Nitrogen Worm Castings, Nitrogen Bat Guano, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Crab Meal, Kelp Meal, Feather Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Oyster Shell Lime, Dolomite, Greensand, Glacial Rock Dust, Cal Soft Rock Phosphate, Humic Acid and Mycorrhizae although this is excellent stuff my guess when your adding your other nutrients your over dosing your plant your ph is fluctuating i bet if you recovered or checked your ph of runoff it will be very low get it back to 6.8 7.0 and let her heal
So my guess your plants are burning up i suggest flush 3 - 4 times your pot volume and stop using any ferts for a while till she recovers

Sounds like no matter what's going on with it flushing is going to help so I will start there and get a digital PH meter. I will also give Jammers suggestion a try as I have nothing to lose there except hoping he is wrong

Latest posts

Back