help identifying deficiencies, 3 plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey no worries about additional questions on this thread, after all it is your thread to begin with. Ask away :)

As for the 2.65gal pots. That is tough to say as I am in hydro and my plants are in 2liter pots and can get as tall as 1.5m. They get very rootbound but since I am feeding them constantly, it doesn't seem to bother them. I would think since you aren't depending on the soil to feed them and are instead feeding them yourself, they should be fine even if they get rootbound. It seems like to me that plants that get rootbound and begin to struggle are those that depend on the soil to feed them rather than the addition of manual feeding. They run out of room for the soil to help them and then when nutes are added, there isn't enough "stuff to hold the nutes in place for the plants to be able to take it in.

I would say that if they get rootbound in flower and start to falter then lower the nute amount by 1/3 and feed twice as often so that are getting a constant supply of nutrients. Just make sure to aerate the solution for 24hrs before adding it to the plants so that they stay oxygenated since they will be staying wet more. :)

true.. good stuff ill go with that anyway. i already aerate the water so thats that covered i guess ill just top up the pots to the rim and hope for the best.
cheers:aok:

Latest posts

Back