help me out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcr6bk

Reaction score
my plant is starting to get yellow markings on the mid-section of leaves what could be the problem?

Also the some of the leaves are wilting and curling upwards a little.

gcr6bk said:
my plant is starting to get yellow markings on the mid-section of leaves what could be the problem?
Give us more information about your grow man. Hydro, dirt, etc.
My first impression would be that you've used too much nutrient, or the wrong mix of nutes.

This is what stoney is asking pretty much.

1. Soil or Hydro?
2. ferts/nutes used? Soil mix?
3. Lighting: Florous, HPS, MH, or mix? wattages?
4. PH if known?
5. What stage of growth?
6. Relative humidity and temp of area if known?
7. Grow area size and ventilation?
8. lighting schedule?

Soil
Shultz 20-20-20
flours about 140 watts, and about to be 400 watt hps in couple of days
6.5-6.8
vegative about 5 1/2 weeks
about 80F-85F
closet, one big fan and one small fan
24hrs.

first things first, it's pretty durned hot in there! And how much and how often are you ferting?

shouldnt the temp be around 80-90 being maximum. im ferting about once every three days.

Ideal temps are high 60's, low 70's. I aim for 68-72. Cannabis enjoys a normal house-type temp and not too humid. Sounds like your ferting about right, so long as you're diluting it properly.

Just to clarify, are your plants 5.5 weeks from seed?

gcr6bk

I've got to run for a few, and in case I don't make it back, here are some quick checks (please don't be insulted if this is too elementary for you... I don't know anyone here or anyone's grow experience, no harm meant.)

Temps should come down. Check to be sure lights are not too close. You have fluoros, but some plants can be as close as 1-2 inches, some need more distance. If you have recently started ferting, make sure you dilute it to at most 1/2 strength to get them used to it. Over or under watering, over ferting, and high heat are all killers of baby plants...

Let's get yer baby healthy! Good luck!

alright thanks it was not at all insulting. they are 5.5 weeks from sprout and i started fert. about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

gcr6bk said:
alright thanks it was not at all insulting. they are 5.5 weeks from sprout and i started fert. about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
The first thing I would advise you to do is get some nutrients that are designed for MJ. I do strictly Hydro, but I've seen the dirt ferts advertised on several of the sites I've ordered from. It's worth it to use them.

As Mountain Rambler said, you need to get that heat problem resolved. The heat could be causing an abnormal nutrient absorption and reaction.

Reduce the amount of water in each watering and water more often. The end result is to provide water AND oxygen to the roots. More frequent watering's using less water per time might also help the nutrient uptake. Keep those flo's 4 inches from the tops of the plants. Use LST to make your plant height uniform.

Your dirt should feel cool to the touch. Moist, not wet.

Good luck and let us know how the plants are.

IMHO fox farm is a real good dirt fert... you can get'em cheap online at amazon or any hydro shop. Everyone has their own preferences, and while I mix mine with a bunch of other things, for all around, use Fox Farm-- besides, organic weed is happy, yummy weed! :)

thanks i figured the heat problem and got another fan, its alot cooler now. thanks for your help. Does anybody know a good closet setup. ive already got all the stuff just trying to figure out a way i can have my clones and seeds somewhere and my flowering plants somewhere.

Hey give me your size of your grow area (inside (clear) dimensions and Stoney and I will sketch you up something that is really effecient dude. I'll have a full drawing for you.

couple of questions. will you go to hydro later or soil forever?
Will you have any HID lights?

[/QUOTE]Hey give me your size of your grow area (inside (clear) dimensions and Stoney and I will sketch you up something that is really effecient dude. I'll have a full drawing for you.

Jesum crow! (Does anyone out of my state know what that means??) Stoney & Mutt... you guys rock. I've been around sites for a while, and even on OG (which used to be my site of choice) no one does stuff like this! I loooove my new home here. :)

i doubt im going to do hydro maybe one day yet i am only a youngin. I have a 400 watt hps light. my dimensions are 7'1" width, 8' high, and 2' deep. Its about 5'8" from the floor to the shelf.

ya thanks for what you are doing, everything maybe 1 day i will meet yall.

Great. I will be working on it. Give me a day or so to hash it out with stoney. Hydro once set up and the ferts are maintained it is a very effecient way to grow. you may want to read up on it.
we'll use the shelf as you may not want to deal with it ripping it out.
what kind of doors. are they mirrored or bi-fold?

Maybe when growing a pot plant is legal. One day I hope.

id like to leave the shelf in there and my doors are bi-fold. Im going to start reading on hydroponics.the plants are doing great too!

Latest posts

Back