Help Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenni

Reaction score
I've had my two plants under a 4 foot fluorecent fixture for about a month on 12/12 lighting. I have buds growing, but they are pretty pitifull, and there are lots of seeds. Today I noticed a couple flowers growing. I'm under the understanding that it's bad to have flowers. What do i need to do? Is it ready to dry?

Do you have any pics?

It sounds to me like one of your plants was a male and it dropped major amounts of pollen on your female which now is seeded.

There is nothing that you really can do except for KILL the Male, gently remove the male from your grow space and continue to grow your femal until she is ready.

On the upside of things atleast now you know what the difference is between a male and female. A very important lesson learned, and best of all you do not have to buy any seeds for a while.

Sorry Jenni

If you have a plant that has "balls" (pollen sacs) that open at the bottom to reveal tiny yellow flowers and a small banana-looking thing, it's either a male or a hermaphrodite.
Males don't grow buds. Herm's grow some buds but they're mega-seedy and generally worthless
Plus they pollinate pure females, which means a loss of smokable yield.
If both of your plants have flowers, they're both boys (or herm's), sorry. You can smoke the leaves for a low-grade high, or make low-grade hash, or cook with them.
If only 1 has flowers, get it away from the plant that doesn't.
I always recommend that people grow at least 3 plants, to increase the chances of getting a girl.

Stress (poor growing conditions) can cause a female plant to turn into a herm. or even switch completely over to a male.

For a female, harvest when 75% ofthe bud hairs have switched from clear/milky to red/brown.
Males are "ripest" right after peak flower production.

My camera broke :(.

The plants were female they had thin long spouts on them. They are now growing buds that are like small green balls, the big ones grow up about 1"+ of them. The two plants also look the same.

Can you possibly post pics of a female, and male in the budding process so I can compair them and figure this out.

Thanks!

Sorry Jenni, it sounds like you actually have 2 males, I will look for some pics to post for ya.

massproducer said:
Sorry Jenni, it sounds like you actually have 2 males, I will look for some pics to post for ya.
Hey Jenni I just went through this...is this what they look like? As I was told...off with they're heads!!:eek:

80515872_253343112_0.jpg

80516049_253343726_0.jpg

Thanks it's a stupid MALE :(. I was so excited when it started growing too.

Can females change to males or did I identify their sex incorrectly?

Latest posts

Back