Help needed in final flowering stage - DWC grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I am in the final stage of flowering and its been going great but when i switched from normal nutrients to GHE's "Ripen" (See pictures) top leaves started yellowing/browning and the tips started drooping.

What has happened and should i be worried or just let the flowering continue until harvest, disregarding the leaves?

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 13
hey whats up man in the final stage of flowering, honestly make sure ph is right, or recal ya pen with 4.0 and the 7.0 solutions and just keep watering until harvest honestly, make sure u water every couple days let dry very good inbetween shouldnt need longer then 6 days even in a 7gall pot but dont overwater, in flowering they suck that dry but looks like a ph \ water problem

It’s DWC.... DEEP WATER CULTURE.

the roots are in water constantly....

don’t listen to the advice above, the guy doesn’t even realize you are growing in water.

Ditch the snake oil and switch back to what you were feeding.

you have a ways to go with those buds.

the curling that occurred is done, there is no way to fix the claw once it happens -to much N- just roll with it. Not a big deal but you hit them with to high of a ppm.

back off the strength of the feed a little bit keep feeding them.

check back in with us in a week and we will see how they look.

It’s DWC.... DEEP WATER CULTURE.

the roots are in water constantly....

don’t listen to the advice above, the guy doesn’t even realize you are growing in water.

Ditch the snake oil and switch back to what you were feeding.

you have a ways to go with those buds.

the curling that occurred is done, there is no way to fix the claw once it happens -to much N- just roll with it. Not a big deal but you hit them with to high of a ppm.

back off the strength of the feed a little bit keep feeding them.

check back in with us in a week and we will see how they look.

Thanks for the reply! I had a ppm around 650 and that is too low as i understand it. So i reckoned the claws was caused by a deficiency so i added more of the "ripen" nutrient until i reached 925ppm and 1860EC.

It hasnt worsened since then atleast. Do you still think i should go back to my old feed or wait and see?

DWC is different than other hydros because the roots are always in solution.

Back it off.

If you were running an ebb and flow it would be fine.

Do not look for ppm #s online, Watch the plants.

Back the ppm off some and let them recover. The claw was either to high of ppm or rapid PH swings.

Looks burned to me, that’s why I suggest dilution for now.

DWC is different than other hydros because the roots are always in solution.

Back it off.

If you were running an ebb and flow it would be fine.

Do not look for ppm #s online, Watch the plants.

Back the ppm off some and let them recover. The claw was either to high of ppm or rapid PH swings.

Looks burned to me, that’s why I suggest dilution for now.
Okey that sounds completely reasonable.

I'll try and dilute it! Thanks!

Key is to swing ph from 5.2-6.4

That’s the zone.

5.2 is THE LOW! 5.4 is better but FYI. Don’t let it get to much under 5.4 unless you are swinging up and know it.

You WANT the PH to swing Low when you mix then high then low THEN BACK. That means plants are up taking a full range of food.

Water evaporates is good. You mix - ph low, water evaporates turns ph high, then dilute and lower PH then go again.

But DWC you have to be easy. Key with DWC? Changing solution weekly.

Imo.

Flood and drain next time;)

Key is to swing ph from 5.2-6.4

That’s the zone.

5.2 is THE LOW! 5.4 is better but FYI. Don’t let it get to much under 5.4 unless you are swinging up and know it.

You WANT the PH to swing Low when you mix then high then low THEN BACK. That means plants are up taking a full range of food.

Water evaporates is good. You mix - ph low, water evaporates turns ph high, then dilute and lower PH then go again.

But DWC you have to be easy. Key with DWC? Changing solution weekly.

Imo.

Flood and drain next time;)
They are looking the same leafwise but the buds are thicker and nice now! :D Thanks for great info, i've been doing what you say with the PH-swing without really knowing i did it.^^

Latest posts

Back