Help Needed, Reward Offered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The3rdman

Reaction score
Fellow Growers,

Organic grower here. I have had an ongoing problem with my previous grows and looking for help to fix it in my new grow – today is first day of flower. I'm asking for help on this new grow, hoping to get an answer as to what's wrong.

I am offering a $250 reward to generate interest in my issue and hopefully find someone that can help me solve it.

Problem
For some unknown reason, the trichomes on my plants are NOT getting cloudy and therefore, the final product is not psychoactive. My Opinion: This is not lighting, temperature, or humidity related. It is not related to harvesting too early or too late. It does not seem like a nutrient issue since the plants are mostly deficient free. Deficiencies are handled in a timely manner.

With this last grow, I had a bit of Calcium Def on one plant and some Potassium Def on the other, both of which were immediately addressed and resolved.

I think the key to solving my problem lies either with (1) Someone that has encountered this problem before or (2) Someone with an advanced understanding of the ripening process and can point me in the right direction.

Someone from THCFarmer did recommend I change from MH/HPS to LED Grow Lights. I accepted this suggestion and ran my last grow with a 400 Watt LED Grow Light but did not see a difference in my results.

The only other viable idea I have received but not tried is to use something like TPS Signal.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Additional Information.
Soil: Happy Frog with some Compost, 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 dry amendments added.
Pot: 10 Gallon Fabric
Strains Grown: 7-9 week Indica Strains Original Glue, Black Domina.
Lighting: Vivo-sun LED Grow Lighting 400 Watts (400 watts at the wall).
Water pH Range: 6-2 thru 6-7
Soil pH Range: 6-6 thru 6- 8
Humidity Range: 30% - 50%
Temperature Range: 70-80

Last edited:
Sorry, I re-read you top post. You say at top you are on day one of flower. My opinion is: repost the same question with decent pictures somewhere between week 7 and 9... #2 never believe what the seed companies tell you because it is always an extra week or 2, 3, 4. And lastly again... At least for me when I did my Glues... GG and most of it's offspring will/should amber up eventually. - Hopefully there are more replies. I have had Sativa's go way way late before but that shouldn't have anything to do with DB or Glue

I had issues with my plants when in tents, high humidity and high pH were the culprits...you don't menntion your humidity or temps but to me, you're pH is a bit higher that I prefer...I too thought my lights weren't doing the job but since I have LED, CMH, and HPS in the same room and rotate my plants that's a thing of the past...

Black Domina grown from seed will display favourable phenotype variation, always with strong Indica characteristics

Short flowering period (50 days)
95% Indica

just curious , where did you buy your seeds?
did you say you have grown them before?

how many days in flower for them both?
Seeds from Nirvana.

I have grown them before but the trichomes were not cloudy. They went 70 days.

I had issues with my plants when in tents, high humidity and high pH were the culprits...you don't menntion your humidity or temps but to me, you're pH is a bit higher that I prefer...I too thought my lights weren't doing the job but since I have LED, CMH, and HPS in the same room and rotate my plants that's a thing of the past...
I don't pay much attention to humidity; generally 30% - 50%, depending upon time of year. Temperature 70-80.

I use Happy Frog Potting Soil and add 1 cup Dolomite Lime with about half gallon compost and some EWC to 8 gallons soil. What pH is your soil?

I like 6.1-6.3 at the highest...mebbe just what works for me but when in range things work well...some strains just don't pan out for me, dunno why but the ones that do are pretty potent and do what I grow them for...

Seeds from Nirvana.

I have grown them before but the trichomes were not cloudy. They went 70 days.

wow

from the Nirvana website

Black Domina is an indica variety from Nirvana and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days) and outdoors. Nirvanas Black Domina is a THC dominant variety and is/was only available as feminized seeds.

70 days and one would think that is enough time

it is indeed a mystery

my humble opinion is it is the genetics

there are strandivars out there that are done under 60 days , with ambers

obviously the ones you have are not what Nirvana is advertising

Do you have any photos of the trichs in the later close to harvesting weeks? You say they do not turn cloudy. I would kick that strain/pheno to the curb. Maybe it's the lineage, and you are taking them down too early? Photos would help.

I don't pay much attention to humidity; generally 30% - 50%, depending upon time of year. Temperature 70-80.

I use Happy Frog Potting Soil and add 1 cup Dolomite Lime with about half gallon compost and some EWC to 8 gallons soil. What pH is your soil?
I read somewhere a while back that excess nitrogen can delay ripening. I think dolomite lime is a slow release source of nitrogen so maybe try leaving that out or cutting back on the amount and use something like fish emulsion for nitrogen when the plants need it?

Latest posts

Back