Help ... Part of the branch has died!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower
Reaction score
Well kids:ciao: ... I just don't know what to say ...:confused2:I have no idea what the problem is ... one minute it was a healthy plant ... the next the branch is dying. :huh: I use some sevin on it because something was eating on it, but that is true with the other plants I am growing ... I am using dawn dish washing liquid on the leaves to keep bugs at bay. Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to save the plant? I can afford to lose it.:eek: The other branch seems healthy and I want to keep it that way.:watchplant: The first picture is when I first saw a problem ... the next is the dying branch. HELP!:cry:

P1000839(2).JPG

P1000862(5).JPG

GrowRebel said:
Well kids:ciao: ... I just don't know what to say ...:confused2:I have no idea what the problem is ... one minute it was a healthy plant ... the next the branch is dying. :huh: I use some sevin on it because something was eating on it, but that is true with the other plants I am growing ... I am using dawn dish washing liquid on the leaves to keep bugs at bay. Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to save the plant? I can afford to lose it.:eek: The other branch seems healthy and I want to keep it that way.:watchplant: The first picture is when I first saw a problem ... the next is the dying branch. HELP!:cry:

"*** *** UNDERGROUND MONSTERS" :)

It is not just the one branch, the entire plant looks unhealthy. The leaves look very mottled and there is no room around it for growth. It is being shaded by the other vegetation and may have picked up pests and/or disease. I doubt that the sevin is the cause of the problem, but rather what ever is going on with your plant was not helped or cured by using sevin.

Tell us more about your grow. Did you amend the soil when you planted it? Why is there other vegetation all around your plant? What have you been feeding it? Etc, etc. The more you can tell us, the better we can help. However, it may be too late for this plant.

clear away the crap around the plant...I am with Newbie and think ya have a root grub ....is thin the first run in that area?...why you not dig a bigger hole?...Best of luck

:48:

Hilly Ho! And thanks for posting ... I have it with a lot of other plants so people can't see them. Have to keep them hidden because of the area I am in.

Root grub ... how can I get rid of it?:eek::angrywife: Can the plant recover?:confused2:

Root grub is only a guess. Don't treat for something you might not have. Let's see if we can find out exactly what is wrong.

We need more info to give you an educated guess. Did you just dig a hole and put it in the ground? Have you fed it anything? If so, what? What is your climate like? Have you done a minute examination of the plant with a magnifying glass to see if there are any visible pests? Can you post a better pic that is closer and shows more detail? Did you start it indoors? How long has it been outdoors? Etc, etc, etc. The more info the better.

stir in some DE... 1 inch deep...

:bong:

im no pro but your girls look doomed unless u really give them some love...like smoke said clear tht crap away from them give them there space ..there just like women dnt like 2 be 2 crowded...they look like they r competing 4 soil and nuts...not good bro..start with giving ur girls there space thn go from there...

Well kids:ciao: ... I think it is going to recover:watchplant: ... I used some dawn dish washing liquid on it and poured some of the mixture into the soil and the other branches seem to be okay:farm: ... I took a couple of shots of the bad branch, then cut off all the bad part and took a couple of shot of that.

It looks like it was root grubs and the dawn took care of it and any other pest that was hurting the plant. I sprayed all my plants with it to help keep the pest away.:angrywife:

As I stated before ... the plants can not be out in the open.:giggle: Thanks for posting.
:hubba:

P1000864(1).JPG

P1000865(1).JPG

P1000866(1).JPG

P1000867(1).JPG

Well sir ... I did all I could to save that branch, but it was too far gone and it died. I had to cut it completely from the rest of the plant. I guess it is better to lose half a plant rather than a whole one.:confused2:

:ciao: Well sir ... I just wanted to post a picture of the surviving plant.:watchplant: Don't know if the branch had lived whether or not it would be bigger, but the high stress cut may have caused it to be bushy.:icon_smile:

P1010454(1).JPG

very nice seeing it has all that around it good job :)

GrowRebel said:
:ciao: Well sir ... I just wanted to post a picture of the surviving plant.:watchplant: Don't know if the branch had lived whether or not it would be bigger, but the high stress cut may have caused it to be bushy.:icon_smile:

yes! much better.. feed me please..;)

Hi Growrebel,
I like the way you spelled O-High-O, heh, heh, Ehh! :D

My though is that the plant got 'burned' using Sevin, as it is a harsh chemical.
I have many (other/legal) plants, some 60 houseplants, and have 'burned' , defoliated, and ultimately killed some.
I use Shulz or Garden Safe Houseplant & Garden Bug Spray.
Unfortunately, I killed a beautiful, large Golden Ivy plant that I had that way.
It has been my experience that some plants are more sensitive to these sprays than others.
I think that the "dish washing liquid" would probably be the safest.

Good luck with your plants!

Stonedwoodsman :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

GrowRebel said:

High stress is in no way beneficial to a plant. The bushiness is not due to high stress.

The Hemp Goddess said:
High stress is in no way beneficial to a plant. The bushiness is not due to high stress.

What she said

if I may add my 02?

you should always clear away any green grasses from around your plants at least three foot, or any N you are feeding your girls will be sapped by the grasses, stealing N from your plants...you will get the whole picture about five weeks in flower, when you don't have enough N for your plant to finish proper...peace...

The Hemp Goddess said:
Any idea what did cause it?:icon_smile:

Irish said:
if I may add my 02?

you should always clear away any green grasses from around your plants at least three foot, or any N you are feeding your girls will be sapped by the grasses, stealing N from your plants...you will get the whole picture about five weeks in flower, when you don't have enough N for your plant to finish proper...peace...

:ciao:The ladies are in a hole ... all veg around them is absolutely necessary ... wouldn't want one of those spy planes spotting my girls.:confused2: Our official a holes in the state have made a crime ... growing ... out of something that is not.

stonedwoodsman said:
Hi Growrebel,
I like the way you spelled O-High-O, heh, heh, Ehh! :D

My though is that the plant got 'burned' using Sevin, as it is a harsh chemical.
I have many (other/legal) plants, some 60 houseplants, and have 'burned' , defoliated, and ultimately killed some.
I use Shulz or Garden Safe Houseplant & Garden Bug Spray.
Unfortunately, I killed a beautiful, large Golden Ivy plant that I had that way.
It has been my experience that some plants are more sensitive to these sprays than others.
I think that the "dish washing liquid" would probably be the safest.

Good luck with your plants!

Stonedwoodsman :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
Thank you thank you very much:giggle:Well sir ... I heard that the sevin and other pest sprays are killing our honey bees along with the GMO crops. I will stop using it and go with the soap.:fly:

Latest posts

Back