Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AceT9

Does anyone know how many lumens i should have for veg or flowering. I have like 4,000 for veging and 12,000 for flowering will that be okay?

Lumens are important, but watts up with asking an open ended Q; without knowing watt kind of lights how many plants etc. it's tuff to say!

how big is your grow room ,,how many plants,,,,,p,l.r

How much do the grow books you've surely read recommend?

Sun poisoning?
Never heard of it.
I've grown weed under 100 watts HPS per sq/ft (rock-hard nugs they were) and have grown pot on hill tops that got sun from sunup to sundown; never had "sun poisoning".
Can you post a source on "sun poisoning"?

Let me re-phrase. "Light Poisoning" or "light Saturation"

Excess light can cause plants to become chlorotic or necrotic if intense enough. Sunburn is the result of too much light and heat and is worsened when plants are moisture stressed.

I can find a lot more.
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/wihort/flowers/Light.htm

I put a link on how many footcandles are acceptable in one of the links in my previous post.

Also a 1000W HID in lets say in a 5 sq. ft. area is 200W / sq.ft. depending on the size of the area, distance from light to plants could easily climb the footcandle mark and create adverse affects with the light.

Light and heat are not the same thing. So is moisture stress.

I'll repeat what I've said: 50 watts HPS per aq/ft is the accepted standard for optimum performance.

P.S. 6000 lumens = almost 50 watts HPS per sq/ft (HPS emits 125 lumens per watt.) The actual amt. is 6,250 lumens per watt with a (new) HPS.

Therefor, by both of our standards, a 5' x 5' growspace (25 sq/ft) would require slightly more than 1,000 watts HPS for optimum yield.

ok Rasta my grow room is 18 inchs long, 18 inchs wide, 30 inchs tall...I am growing 1 plant...White Widow

Latest posts

Back