help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kytsam

Reaction score
Hey anybody, everybody... just a question i have been running a 600 w hps on my plants for awhile now and always wanted to get those lower nugs bigger and thought why not add a cfl as the side lighting... my question is.

Can you put a HPS+CFL in the same grow room im just parnoid and would like to no the answer to everything better to be safe than sorry lol all theorys appreciated thanks:)

sure you just run them on the same 12/12 light schedule assuming you are not growing autos. CFL's aren't going to be adding a lot of lumens cmopared to a 600HPS though. I like to tie down my plants as much as possible in order to try and create a flat canopy. There are also SCROG methods and other ways of training the plants.

Thanks for quick responce!

I Am currently running Auto ak47 x Lowryder 2 under 24 hours of light with a 600 hps and a 250 flowering cfl is that alrite to have that in there or does it have to be either cfl lighting or hps??

I would forget the side light CFLs. Unless you can get the CFLs within inches of the sides of the plants, their benefits will be little to none. Even 6" away, CFLs lose much of their effective light. I think you would be far better off doing some LST or SCROG.

Since you are running auto I don't believe side lighting will do much good. most auto have a few smaller side branch buds and 1 big main cola on top

Thanks for the reply's guy's!

I already bought the cfl so im just going to leave it in there with the 600 plants are not old enough yet for me to start tieing down but i will keep that option defently open...

will upload a few pics later or tomorrow when i get a prober camera i am currently growing

20 Feminized Auto Ak47 x Lowryder 2 about week n 6 days old from germ.

Don't waste the juice running the cfl. Save it and use it in a nursery for seedlings and & rooting clones.

Hey.. yea i would normally of did that my last grow cost me over 700£ in total for running that 600 on 24 hours light for 12 weeks but the yeild and final product was well worth it i produced 3.5 oz's of an Auto Flowering Lowryder 2 "Dry"

And the reason it took couple extra weeks for the lowryder to finish was due to me feeding the plants with an out of date chemical killing 17 plants and saveing 34 but set them bk in the time they took to finish!

But this time juice aint a prob this just say its now free lmaooo:hubba:

Hey nova , i will have pictures for you tomorrow as i dont have a camera and i am getting 1 tomorrow so i can just put sd card into laptop,

Have pics on my phone but no transfer cable lollllllll

:holysheep: :hubba: ;)

You would be far better off using those CFLs for your household lighting....

kytsam said:
Hey nova , i will have pictures for you tomorrow as i dont have a camera and i am getting 1 tomorrow so i can just put sd card into laptop,

Have pics on my phone but no transfer cable lollllllll

:holysheep: :hubba: ;)
Phone pics are bad anyway, they can be used to locate your grow.

Yea didnt no that my grow isnt in my own house always away from your own door step:)

Especially when the amount is over the "Caution" limit lol

Just going to scrap the cfl waste of 55£ aww well can never have enough equipment just going to purchase a 400 hps to go with the 600 and hit them bitchs with 1000 watt hps:cool:

Thanks for the info on cfl's and there full potential! (0) lol:ignore:

Its not that they dont work, they do, just not as efficiently as HID. I have only CFLS and take a look at my buds, use the link in my sig to check 'em out!!

Nice Journal liked it alot!!

How much did that yeild for you ??
Ok then, see i was just going to keep adding aanother cfl every 2 weeks i get £££££ and try add more light but with the downside that more light (Hps lighting) produces far too much heat where the cfl are pretty much undetectable from the helicopter.....or is that not true ??

You will hear from most people that being detected by aircraft will only happen if they have already been tipped off by someone.

well thats a valid point thanks nova for all the feedback and i'll take it all on board!!:)

When I started growing I was given a plant and had no place to grow and not much money, I used an old fixture I had laying around and bought 65w cfls whenever I came up with the money. My grow space is in a closet adjacent to my bedroom so I cant use a loud fan or :angrywife: . So I have 4 65w and 2 40w cfls, I might be a little under lit, but I only need a 105 cfm fan to keep my bloom room cool.

Latest posts

Back