help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucklleskush

Reaction score
hello i am very new to growing and i am doing a stealth grow with less access to fresh air than i would like.wondering if adding a cheap co2 setup to help with my yield and overall happiness of the plants would work. would this help and also would a 300w CFL be enough to start the vegging process? and please understand that I'm talking about a small cabinet with 2 plants.

not sure on the Light as puffin said we need to know the size of the cabinet...as for added co2 only if your cabinet is sealed would it be benificial..how far away is a window ?...can you pull air from outside?

take care and be safe

IMO, there is no such thing as a cheap CO2 system that is effective.

Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. You want 3000 lumens per sq ft of bluish spectrum light for vegging and 5000 of red spectrum light for flowering. Is this an actual 300w or equivalent wattage?

A cheap way to add co2 is dry ice putting the chunks of dry ice in water helps release it faster. Unless its sealed it really won't stay in but I would assume adding some is better then adding none. And yes check the lumens of the bulb and the spectrum red/blue. 2500k more red / 6500k more blue.

It doesn't seem like the c02 is really worth it I see so much sucess without it. Plus without a completely sealed environment isn't it more or less useless?

depetreono said:
A cheap way to add co2 is dry ice putting the chunks of dry ice in water helps release it faster. Unless its sealed it really won't stay in but I would assume adding some is better then adding none. And yes check the lumens of the bulb and the spectrum red/blue. 2500k more red / 6500k more blue.

That may be cheap, but it is not effective. To be effective, CO2 MUST be monitored and regulated--something you cannot not do with dry ice or any other DIY setup. How much is dry ice? This may prove to not be cheap either.

Very like your speech, it will continue to focus on you!!

I am a stupid spammer

Lemon Jack said:
It doesn't seem like the c02 is really worth it I see so much sucess without it. Plus without a completely sealed environment isn't it more or less useless?

not only does it need to be sealed , it needs to be perfect. without proper lighting and food and temps , then the co2 is useless.

it usally takes the best growers a few years before adding co2 to the environment because we know it wont help the yield without everything else being perfect.

now if your sittin in a stale room then i guess the diy co2 would do more good then it would bad , but wont help as much as good air flow would.

soil :farm:

Latest posts

Back