Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
I been searching the site for the thread about keeping clippings in the fridge for later use...I thaught was started by "Hampster Lewis " but can not find can someone guide to the thread?

take care and be safe

4u I will take a look also, but I know Hamster does it along with mutifarious also does it

thanks Duck..I have issue searching for ****..

:48:

thanks duck...he shows useing rapid rooter..I was hopeing to find the way of just using cuts...Ill have to play around with it...

:48:

good post multi, I, put them into a stasis into the fridge..

I like the idea of slow cloning for certian keepers, Its handy if you dont have space to run them all and needing to keep them from rooting like crazy for a few weeks.

Great thread, thanks brother for bringing this back up!!! GOOD INFO!!

I'll hunt to there was a long post by Stonebud about keeping cutting in the fridge for a month or more.

:ciao: multifarious

thanks for the tips..is there a need to not let the leafs touch the plastic?..or does it not matter?...Another thing is do you prep those as if you was cloning?...I use a root hormone should I do as I would if was going under dome?...okay I lied another one..how long have you kept them in fridge..most Ive read said a month

ozzy/Trillion...thanks:48:

4u Ive kept them for well over a month i the crisper. They showed no stress what so ever rooted just like fresh cuts.

ray jay said:
4u Ive kept them for well over a month i the crisper. They showed no stress what so ever rooted just like fresh cuts.

only thing I seen in you fridge was BEER:) ..and crap load food:p ...I do recall ya speaking of this..Im gonna work it:D ..thanks for poping in

Every post deserves rep or the thread stickied.

I've kept clones in the fridge for several months before rooting them. I take longer cuts, place them in a bag and then seal up. I've noticed that if you're going to store them long term, the cuts and the bags needs to be moisture free. I did notice a smaller percentage rooting the longer you keep them, but I've rooted 85% after 60 days in the crisper.

Edit: I treat them like fresh cuts when I'm ready to root them. A little stem soaking, make your cuts underwater, dip in gel or whatever you use, and place into rapid rooters, jiffy plugs, etc.

I'm sorta doing the same thing now as I'm not growing. Collecting clones in the fridge till I fire up the room again.

great tips for slow cloning . . . right down in there next to the bleu cheese and the lettuce hehe . . .

as for plastic touching the leaves, this was a prerequisite for my cloning technique . . . i draped saran wrap over window boxes full of cuts, laying it right down on top of the canopy . . . ran it at 80F 24/7, the water vapor would collect on the plastic and foliar feed pure water - good results . . . . jm2c :48:

I keep my cuttings stems submerged in water in a ziplock bag. I change the water weekly and keep cuttings in fridge's crisper.
If you change water weekly, you can keep cuttings in stasis for a month or more.

Latest posts

Back