Help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PattyAnn

Reaction score
Hello E1,

My name is Patty and I am 55 y/o. Could someone please help me with my grow process. I did my first (and only) grow in 2009. After a bad turn in my health I stopped growing. I'm back! I have 3 plants that are 42 days old. I have a 600 light 24/7 12 inches above, spray mist 2 x's a day and water every other day. They are only 5-7" tall. I am growing in my upstairs bathroom so it's room temp about 72 degrees. I'm thinking I remember I'm suppose to turn the light off for some time each day. I don't really know how to grow since my only other experience was an outside grow that I was so very proud of. I do have a mix of 2 different things in the water.

Could someone please tell me how to do this right?

I was a teen in the 70's and fun I did have! The years have rolled by way too fast...I'm chillin now and trying to raise a crop to ease my pain.

BTW....I have my OMMP card. I am growing for my own use for medicinal purposes.

Thank you for your time & have a very blessed day!

read and ask questions...Pictures are best to show what the plant looks like. you said plants are 42 days and only 5-7 inches tall?..that dont sound right...I am also thinking the Bathroom may be to large for the 600 watt light...Temps are spot on though...as for the time to turn lights off....MJ dont need darkness for time vegging so IMO 24hrs light is Best..than when you wanna flower set lights on a timer so the lights are on for 12 hrs a day...no more...no less. and the Bathroom needs to be light free when lights out...so...go in the bathroom close the door and see if ya have any light coming in...unless the genetics are strong a little light coming in during flower can cause issues.

nice too meet ya :48:

Hi Patty, welcome back.. So first thing is quit misting your plants. Second thing is this wonderful plant of ours likes a wet dry period. It needs to dry so that when you stick your finger pretty deep in the soil you can feel that it is dry. Then water well till some runs out the bottom, often it will suck the water back up from the saucer.

You are doing the right thing by having the lights on 24/7. We veg like that until the plants have shown us their sex then we "flip" them to 12/12. During the dark 12, there can be no light leaks. Complete darkness. No going in and checking on them.

You are under a 600 what? We usually veg with one light and flower with an HPS. Post a picture if you want. What kind of soil are you in?

Glad you are growing your own meds.. You should like it here there are people here older and younger than you.. I remember some of the 70's. ha

Hi Patty, welcome back.. So first thing is quit misting your plants. Second thing is this wonderful plant of ours likes a wet dry period. It needs to dry so that when you stick your finger pretty deep in the soil you can feel that it is dry. Then water well till some runs out the bottom, often it will suck the water back up from the saucer.

You are doing the right thing by having the lights on 24/7. We veg like that until the plants have shown us their sex then we "flip" them to 12/12. During the dark 12, there can be no light leaks. Complete darkness. No going in and checking on them.

You are under a 600 what? We usually veg with one light and flower with an HPS. Post a picture if you want. What kind of soil are you in?

Glad you are growing your own meds.. You should like it here there are people here older and younger than you.. I remember some of the 70's. ha

Hiya Patty. Rose is right, they need to dry out a bit. If you have questions you can always ask. I have been growing for many decades and I don't really ever see any bad advice here. Just a bunch of old farts mixed in with friendly youngsters. The trick for me was to try many strains till I got down to two I like and provide me relief. Then I honed in on the two and learned to grow them well, one has three pheno's and the other four that I have seen. Anyway what I was trying to say was...Rose is right, ask questions, read and learn and as THC has put it ....get the basic needs down, Light cycles, Fresh airflow, Nutes, pH, and Temp. With all that dialed in (practice) she is a weed and she will grow. Peace and the greenest of mojo to you.

Don`t kill `em with kindness. 55 huh ? Come visit "Curmudgeonland, Home of the Old Farts Club. We`re in the "Coffee Table" section, you`d fit right in.

Latest posts

Back