HELP power outage-need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have 8 plants..all 3 1/2 weeks old in soil (mixed with vermiculite), that have been vegging under flouros 24/7.

Last night the power went out in my area. They believe it will be up and running some time tonight and are only offering emergency generators to people with medical needs or young children (I don't qualify).
My grow room has no windows so it's pitch black. And I don't want to move the plants to the window because there are electric company people wandering around the neighborhood.

Question: what impact will this have on my crop?

What if they don't get it restored tonight and my crop has to go another day without lights? They are not ready to flower yet, I think they need about 2 more weeks.

When the lights come back on should I go straight back to 24/0 or something else like 18/6 or what? :confused:

This is my first grow and all has gone well so far (thanks to this forum)...I don't want my girls to stress out and go hermie on me. What is the long term prognosis?

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

MJ is very light sensitive...even a few candles or a flashlight will keep it on schedule. Hermies are not as common as they sound...takes more than a single interruption. I would just return them to 24hr lighting if that's where you were.

Just resume the cycle when the power comes back on. Forget the window thing if it's not legal in your area. We our not sure about the impact on your crop, we have had the power go out for several hours and just resumed the cycle. Everything still alive and looks the same.

Yeah, I don't think that one small length of dark like that is going to trigger the change. But like E Man up there said, get a few candles if you are worried.

Hey thanks guys for the quick reply. They've been in total darkness now for 16+ hours. I'm going to zip home (i'm at a friends) and put a flashlight in the room...I had no idea that could help. They also have had no ventilation for the past 16 hrs too---I assume thats not as big a deal as the light tho...but I did prop the door open.

Someone else told me I should just try to flower them now since the dark might have screwed them up. But you think its fine to just go back to the 24/0? Will do. And thanks!

For sure just put them back in vedge. Look at some people who put their clones or small plants on 12/12 just to determine sex then flip them back to 18/6.(Or 24)

Question, and this is totally un-related.... how are you using the computer?

Douchermann said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

That was funny... but really... how you on the computer? :confused2:

Douchermann said:

TFF!!! I KNEW I would get this question and almost pre-empted it with an explanation. But I am at a buddy''s house...maybe I'm just a lame city kid, but no electicity fu#!*ng SUCKS!!! No TV, no microwave, no phone (except cell)...not to mention no lights and no central heat--boring and uncomfortable. I feel like I'm camping. And camping blows imo.

But btw, last time I checked the crop looks just fine...none the worse for wear.

Good to hear your plants are doing well.

BTW, if you get bored with the power outtage, just turn on the TV or something.

Latest posts

Back