Help preserving strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how far into flowering the plants are, you could take clones at any time. However if you put back into veg light and reveg, I think that I would wait for the revegging to start before I took cuts as they will simply be easier to root. Are you planning on setting up an inside grow space for the winter or are you just looking to keep something alive throughout the winter.

I have to say that I wouldn't go through superhuman effort to keep this strain going. While you may think right now that it is the Holy Grail, there are undoubtedly hundreds of other strains that you can buy seeds for that are just as good. There truly is not one single strain that stands above and apart from the others. With todays breeders competing like they do, we have soooooo many absolutely great strains to choose from.

I have successfully revegged plants after harvest to save genetics that I hadn't taken cuts from. However it never is with the intention of trying to keep something going through the winter. I reveg--takes 3-4 weeks for the plant to switch gears and go back into vegging. It will throw unserrated single blade leaves at first with them slowly getting back to the 5-9 blade leaves the plant originally had. I have never taken a plant that was in several weeks and put it back into veg, but there is no reason that it wouldn't work.

Latest posts

Back