Help saving some transplanted clones...

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

northernlightssmokn

I was hoping that some one might have a little insight into a problem....8 cuts taken by a person who knows what they are doing, placed into cups w/ a dirt medium and relocated in a warm car to the new home, put under the same 2 foot flourescent light and same dome that is always used accross town for clones...problem...when the lid is on the temp is about 80 to 84 and the humidity is 93 to 98%..the soil is moist, not wet and the clones show signs of wilting and drooping..one looks dead or at least very sick already, they are 6 days old..with the dome off, the temp in the tray is about 72 to 76 and humidity is 30 to 36%...the light cycle is a constant 24 hours on/ 0 time off, the the top of cuts to dome lid is about 3 inches and dome lid to flourescents is about 2 inches max. Each clone has one or two bigger leaves that are now yellow and several smaller better looking ones that are very green. does any one have any tips on how to save these babys???? I greatly apreciate the advice and I apologize for not posting it correctly, I'm new to this forum and it's set up differently..

I seldom see need for a humidity dome after 5-7 days. IMHO, 6" is a bit too far away from the cuts, too. 2" would be better.

I have to tell you my technique, is by no means, textbook but it's what works for me.

The first thing I do after cutting is split the stem into two parts, like a set of legs, then dip the cut end into a medicine cup 1/2 full of Vita-Grow rooting hormone till the count of 15.

Then they are put into either a daisy hydrocloner or a rockwool cube. If they are put in a cube then they are placed in a small plastic tray, something that was delivered with chineese food one night. With either means they are with no lid and set under my mother in the veg area. Humidity is not controlled, usually aroud 30%. Temp is not controlled avereage 73f.

Believe it or not i see roots within 4 days of cutting and have a 100% success rate. I have rooted aroud 100+ clones this way.

Latest posts

Back