HELP! Summer Squash Dying! Expert Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower
Reaction score
:ciao:For the life of me I don't know what the trouble is :confused2:... we have been getting a lot of rain and this is the first full week without it. As you can see in the one photo the dirt is still moist. I see some of the pests:angrywife: that can kill the plant, but there numbers ... 4 to be exact ... are low and I put some sevin5 on the plants, but the yellow squash continue to die ... what is going on?:eek::shocked::hairpull:

P1010228(3).JPG

P1010229(3).JPG

P1010230(3).JPG

P1010231(3).JPG

looks like alll that rain has drowned them...thats what my pumkins looked like a few years back after some down pouring for a week straight...Best of luck on the recovery my friend

:48:

Do you ammend the soil every year?....change location of plants?

:ciao:Oh dear ... well I guess more water isn't the solution ... yeah ... I do rotate the plant locations every year. I mixed in steer manure with the tiller. Last year it was the zucchini and the squash due to pests ... this year it's just the squash.:huh: Now we never got all day rains during the wet weeks but down pours and storms during parts of the day. I would think I would be having the same problem with the zucchini:confused2: ... so far ... knock on wood ... they are producing for me. :woohoo:

Now it happening to my Zucchini plants!!! Help!!!

I run into the same thing with vine stuff. Even though we've had much more rain than usual this year, my cukes, squash and the like do the same about the middle of July.

A much more experienced gardener in the area told me it was the heat. I believe it after the last few years. Plants were bearing like crazy till the end of June and into July and then POOF, they looked like yours.

I did start some more seeds since it does cool off some in Aug and more in Sept. They are looking fine, so far.

Wonder if photo period has anything to do with it? It was cooler this year compared to last and very little rain last year.

But those also started going south by the middle of July.

Wet

Look in the middle of the Stalk for these little Grubs that Bore into the stalk and eat it from the inside. They killed the crap outta my Zucchinni.

Latest posts

Back