HELP!! Undetected male! AHHHH!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growah?

Reaction score
Oh man. So I have a bunch of plants right now at various stages due to my own stupidity. I have a few lowryders growing because I got them as a free pack and figured why not.
Now I KNOW WHY NOT. I have been periodically checking, but I am only 4.5 weeks from germ and only have about 3-6 nodes on the plants. But today I came home to find what I am pretty sure all balls on one of the plants. Only, they seem to be open. I have no loupe yet, but I am fairly sure it is male, and I am freaking because I see no signs of pre-flower on other plants, but I am pretty sure I may have ruined them anyhow!

Many of the plants seem too young to have preflowers yet, so what do I do? I pulled that sucker out, but it looked open. :eek: :confused:

Help? Can I fix this? Would a shower to wash off the pollen, a good clean, and an ionizer help? PLease save me from my dumbness!!

Here is what you do:

1. LR is an autoflowering strain 8 weeks start to finish no matter what the light schedule is. remove the males.
2. use a bleach and water solution. 1 teaspoon per qt. of water. scrub everything down.

Water alone will kill the pollen, but.. pollen is mold happy so the bleach will take care of a possible mold problem...then go about your business of growing and get yourself a loupe. ;)

Good luck and hope to see some pictures.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the process of cleaning the heck out of everything, and I guess now it'll just be a waiting game to see if I'm too late.

I'd love to get back with some pics, and I will do once I get my new light & my babies are looking a lil' better than they are now. Compact fluoros just aren't doing the thing.

THANKS AGAIN!! :)

Mutt said:
1. LR is an autoflowering strain 8 weeks start to finish no matter what the light schedule is. remove the males.

What is the deal with this??? This sounds too good to be true!!! Doesnt it go against every MJ cultivation technique taught...(18/6 or 24/0 for veg and a must 12/12 to flower) I absolutely believe what your saying Mutt so dont think I am doubting but why wouldnt everyoen want to grow this strain if they can harvest so quickly??? What are the advantages and disadvantages to this strain?? How do they change the genetics to make it flower with any light schedule??? You have sparked my curiosity:cool:

why wouldnt everyoen want to grow this strain if they can harvest so quickly??? What are the advantages and disadvantages to this strain?? How do they change the genetics to make it flower with any light schedule???

i was about to start a thread asking thos same questions!

Low rider...doesn't clone, doesn't get any size(low yeild), is low potency. It is a derivative of Ruderallis, Russian hemp.
If you don't make your own seeds from every grow, you are forced to buy again, and again. If you do make seeds, you need to make selective choices for the parents plants.

i dont mind a small plant but low potency?!? that realy sucks!

Ya. Lowryder sucks. I had heard all of that over and over, but I got the pack for free & figured what the hell. Now I may be paying for it (we'll see if I end up with seeds later)

In my limited experience, they have problems germing, 1/2 come out mutants, grow slow, and don't seem to be worth it at all. Lowryder is not, not, not! worth a darn. Stay away from it.

Latest posts

Back