Help with clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
So I'm using little grodan cubes and I'm about to pull 60 clones from outside. Never done it before.

I have the earth juice rooting gel and a nftg nite line.

how would I do this. Do I soak the grodan in a small nite mix? Do I not use nutrients? Do i top the clone so it doesn't push new growth? Use the super thrive with rooting hormone? Don't use super thrive? Cut leaves fingers in half? Ph ? Thank you. Will be cloning in a few hours 5 maybe? Should I keep lights off for any certain time? using 4' 8 bulb t5. Finishing in 1 gallon pots. Thank you guys.

Rockwool should be presoaked in water that has been pH'd to about 5.5. Do not use nutrients. I have never used Super Thrive. I don't but the leaves in half unless they are large.

Clones do not like or want much light. You will only need a couple of the tubes powered.

I keep my clones in a big window until they root. I spray them for the first few days. After they root i put under T5's 1 bulb until i transplant them to bigger pots. Mine are under a dome as well. They don't need direct light. while rooting. they are working on roots not leaves or growth.

I keep my clones in a big window until they root. I spray them for the first few days. After they root i put under T5's 1 bulb until i transplant them to bigger pots. Mine are under a dome as well. They don't need direct light. while rooting. they are working on roots not leaves or growth.

hey Rose, I wonder, and excuse my curiosity and i don't mean to belittle your cloning methods, but i wonder if that insufficient light from a window might be one reason why your cloning rates were down. i can recall bad cloning sessions where i had one fluro for a big area of clones, and it seems to be much better every time i have 4,5 or 6 cfl's lighting up and warming a closed chamber with high humidity inside, and it is relatively bright, not as bright as the vegging and lights are farther away but it still resembles bright daylight which i believe that the clones appreciate

No, i justed upped my game. Got the dome and I am having 90 % success rate for the last 20 clones. It is warm in my window, when the direct sun comes in i cover them for that little bit. It is working great. My problem was not enough humidity. But way to watch Zem... good thinking.

Cool well see what we get % wise. Do these all clone well? Is ph from 6.5-5.5 ok ? I keep hearing 5.5. Take It that means 5.5.

Just to offer a different perspective, Jorge Cerventes uses small rockwool cubes in which to root clones, and he uses un-ph'ed distilled water, and a powdered rooting hormone.

I tried that exact method with my latest round of clones, with only 66% success rate (6 of 9 Satori clones rooted). I've previously always cloned in Rapid Rooters.

Maybe ph'ing the rockwool cubes would have produced better results. IDK.

I was busy last week, and would like to elaborate on how i got my cloning mojo back.

First of all it was too cold in the winter. Heating pad is the answer for that.

Second of all, i had no humidity, dome and water and spray are the answer for that.

Third, my cloning gel.... I am using Root Tech now and have great results.

Here is my cloning set up now.View attachment cloning 001.jpg

View attachment cloning 002.jpg

View attachment cloning 003.jpg

View attachment cloning 004.jpg

View attachment cloning 005.jpg

Taken numerous clones have sour diesel blue dream alien og and bb x hb. They lol good at 3 days old. There in phed water 5.5 soaked grodan cubes. Split base of 45degree cut into 4 areas. Diped in E.J. Rooting Hormones and put em In cubes. Homemade dome and tray used sticks in corners of trays holding up ceram wrap. It's working well. Keeps RH in. Hopefully I don't have to much light. 4 4' t5s nearly 3' away. Room is plenty warm. Hope they take.

I always take more than I will need so I can pick the healthiest

Well got plenty trying to keep em going. Just 5.5 water and ceramwrap humidomes. Gues I am going to change out the wrap hopefully it will be more sanitary. Needs misting 3xday and I use eye droper for the water on the cubes. Nothing to bad at the moment. Looks surprisingly well. Had to cut some leaves that where stuck inbetweeen plastic and box so it don't mildew out or something.

You know, I bought one of those square little cloning cubes. Enough to make like 24-30 clones. I found that, as long as I use a steril razor, cut at and angle and between the nodes, I get 90-100 percent rooting. With no type of cloning gel,... Nothing but clean water.

So I take it its important to not water leaves lots? Dry leaves = root growth? Not water leaves so much? start of doing it then slow down with it?

Yes, misting the leaves the first few days is a good way to go. But slowly acclimate them to the real air will help them.

i never mist them because i see no need to it, they root the same without, one less item one less effort

Latest posts

Back