Advertise On Marijuana Passion

help with fertilizer

poorgrower

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I've got a little question I am vegging and the best fertilizer I can get in my obscure part of the globe is the 4-2-2. I think the ratio is fine for vegging but it may be weak. It says dilute 10cc in one liter of water. I'm not sure how this works but I know others use 20-20-20, so....Does this mean I could put 50cc into one liter of water? How does this work? p.s. micro-nutrients are supposedly included but the quantities are not listed Thanks for reading, happy smoking.
 

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
284
Reaction score
11
No, you will burn the **** outta those girls. The NPK numbers are ratios. 4-2-2 is the same as 50-25-25 is the same as 2-1-1. Start weak and work you way up to, or even past, the recommended dose depending on what your plants can handle. Once you see a some signs of over feeding back off a bit.
 

poorgrower

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Thanks.

Ok, well I don't get it. Supposedly at 10cc/L the ratio is 4-2-2

Is it at least true that if I mix it 50cc/L it would be closer to 20-10-10?
 

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
823
Reaction score
71
kiksroks said:
No, you will burn the **** outta those girls. The NPK numbers are ratios. 4-2-2 is the same as 50-25-25 is the same as 2-1-1. Start weak and work you way up to, or even past, the recommended dose depending on what your plants can handle. Once you see a some signs of over feeding back off a bit.
:yeahthat:

They are also percentages.

Like, if you had 100lbs of your particular fertilizer, it would contain 4lbs of N and 2lbs each of P and K.

Don't ever try and match up feeding amounts from different brands/bottles/whatever. Follow the directions for that particular fert.

Wet
 

oregonduck76

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
146
Reaction score
3
Wetdog said:
:yeahthat:

They are also percentages.

Like, if you had 100lbs of your particular fertilizer, it would contain 4lbs of N and 2lbs each of P and K.

Don't ever try and match up feeding amounts from different brands/bottles/whatever. Follow the directions for that particular fert.

Wet
words of wisdom as not all ferts are created equal
 

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
823
Reaction score
71
poorgrower said:
Thanks.

Ok, well I don't get it. Supposedly at 10cc/L the ratio is 4-2-2

Is it at least true that if I mix it 50cc/L it would be closer to 20-10-10?
No, not true.

It would still be 4-2-2 at a 5x concentration.

Don't try and out think the manufacturers, unless you want a disappointing *learning experience*.

Wet
 

poorgrower

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Wetdog said:
No, not true.

It would still be 4-2-2 at a 5x concentration.

Don't try and out think the manufacturers, unless you want a disappointing *learning experience*.

Wet


Thank you for clarifying that
 

Latest posts

Top