Advertise On Marijuana Passion

help with fertilizer

poorgrower

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a little question I am vegging and the best fertilizer I can get in my obscure part of the globe is the 4-2-2. I think the ratio is fine for vegging but it may be weak. It says dilute 10cc in one liter of water. I'm not sure how this works but I know others use 20-20-20, so....Does this mean I could put 50cc into one liter of water? How does this work? p.s. micro-nutrients are supposedly included but the quantities are not listed Thanks for reading, happy smoking.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
No, you will burn the **** outta those girls. The NPK numbers are ratios. 4-2-2 is the same as 50-25-25 is the same as 2-1-1. Start weak and work you way up to, or even past, the recommended dose depending on what your plants can handle. Once you see a some signs of over feeding back off a bit.

poorgrower

Reaction score
Thanks.

Ok, well I don't get it. Supposedly at 10cc/L the ratio is 4-2-2

Is it at least true that if I mix it 50cc/L it would be closer to 20-10-10?

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
kiksroks said:
No, you will burn the **** outta those girls. The NPK numbers are ratios. 4-2-2 is the same as 50-25-25 is the same as 2-1-1. Start weak and work you way up to, or even past, the recommended dose depending on what your plants can handle. Once you see a some signs of over feeding back off a bit.
:yeahthat:

They are also percentages.

Like, if you had 100lbs of your particular fertilizer, it would contain 4lbs of N and 2lbs each of P and K.

Don't ever try and match up feeding amounts from different brands/bottles/whatever. Follow the directions for that particular fert.

Wet

oregonduck76

Reaction score
Wetdog said:
:yeahthat:

They are also percentages.

Like, if you had 100lbs of your particular fertilizer, it would contain 4lbs of N and 2lbs each of P and K.

Don't ever try and match up feeding amounts from different brands/bottles/whatever. Follow the directions for that particular fert.

Wet
words of wisdom as not all ferts are created equal

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
poorgrower said:
Thanks.

Ok, well I don't get it. Supposedly at 10cc/L the ratio is 4-2-2

Is it at least true that if I mix it 50cc/L it would be closer to 20-10-10?
No, not true.

It would still be 4-2-2 at a 5x concentration.

Don't try and out think the manufacturers, unless you want a disappointing *learning experience*.

Wet

poorgrower

Reaction score
Wetdog said:
No, not true.

It would still be 4-2-2 at a 5x concentration.

Don't try and out think the manufacturers, unless you want a disappointing *learning experience*.

Wet

Thank you for clarifying that

Latest posts