Help with Hermie Problem!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusible

Reaction score
Hey, Im a first time grower and I just harvested 15 hermies (which i thought were female until i clipped them) All of these were originally female clones bought from a local cannabis club. The reason for the sex change may have been my lack of experience, I made every mistake possible and induced a heavy load of stress throughout their lifecycle.<br>
i.e.:
-i left them in 1 gal pots for 2 months and even let them reach the brink of death once when i didnt water them for a couple of weeks. (long story)
-repotted too late
-overfertilized
-irregular light cycles
-biggest mistake = repotting with miracle grow soil just before flowering.

In my garden full of hermies i had second batch of 13 clones (from different mothers not the hermies) vegging at the same time that the others were flowering. With this new crop I studied a bit more, I purchased Foxfarm soil and added perlite, repotted before roots were exposed, and am checking PH every watering. Now my question is, is there any way the hermies could have pollenated the clones while they were vegging?? or does pollenation only occur during flowering? Can anyone help me out? My second next garden is now 8 weeks into vegging and looking georgeous! I'm just worried that I'm wasting my time again. Thanx

Hermies......well, I was told that hermies are caused by a vairiety of things such as light leaks. I would make sure your Grow box is fully contained to avoid that problem.

I'm not interested in finding the source of the first hermies because I have already clipped and dried that weed, thats when I discovered the seeds (there weren't that many pods). I just want to know if they could have pollenated the second batch that was in the same room as them. There is no light leak in my room. I am now 8 weeks into vegging my second garden and it's looking great. The reason why the first garden turned mostly hermie was because my grow room went through many changes while they were vegging, so i couldn't take care of them right and induced massive stress. I also did not have a regular watering schedule (at times overwatered/underwatered) or a normal light cycle.

Hey there. Mind if I pop in for a sec.

The irregular light schedule will do it every time.
I have seen a few females hermie late in flower before. Pop out a few seeds here and there.
but After realizing your grow area was pollenated by hermie pollen. did you wipe down your walls with bleach and water mix? Pollen can survive for a little while, also stale pollen can cause mold issues.

Hey good luck with the rest of the grow. Hope to see pics. :D

I have not done so yet. I'm not sure if pollen is visible or not but I haven't seen a speck. My second garden is still vegging. Is it to late to clean my grow room?

Thanks Mutt!
'
'

Nope, wouldn't hurt a thing wiping it down. just about 3-4 capfuls of bleach to a gallon of water and a rag is all you need. All mold and nasties will be cleaned off. not a bad practice to do this between every grow. Even if there wasn't a problem. ounce of prevention=pound of cure. ;)

Thanks, alot! I will post up a few pictures later!

All you need is plain water to "kill" pollen. Lightly spray everything down with water.
Seeds are made only when a grain of pollen hits a bud hair. If the clones are in veg (no buds) they can't be pollinated.

Latest posts

Back