Help with sick plant/clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcease

Reaction score
Ive had this plant for a week now and ever since i transplanted to larger rockwool the thing has just gone wrong not to metntion having to feed it without a ppm or ph meter for the first 4 days but now all is good
can someone tell me whats happening it appears its going yellow from new shoots and spreading out.
Ec. 1.4 now dropped to .8
7 day in veg
ph 5.8
feed 3X 1min 6 hours apart

anyone know what this is from im sure its heat stress and nute burn but why the yellow?

pic 1.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 5.jpg

Madcease, I think that perhaps, you've already discovered the problem: You didn't have a TDS meter, nor did you have a pH meter. Now that you've got the necessary tools, your plant might very well get healthy again.

Thanks allistar i was thinking that it was just that.
Theres alot of leaf curl down and up so dont know what that symptom is of maybe heat.

What is the best heaight from tops so will not get burnt but at same time will get great luminens.

Also why is my ph jumping from 5.8 then the next 6.4 ec doesnt really change that much. Is it because of the vinegar used to ph down it. Now im starting to use H2SO4 sulfuric as a ph down which is alot stronger and should keep ph in range.

Does ph jump up and down because once fed the vinegar i used in the rockwool breaks down then starts upping the ph. Whats highest one should go when in the 6 range

I don't know anything about hydro, but I might mention that I was thinking that maybe the plant was getting too much water too; I don't know. Ask someone about the watering cycle for hydro plants.

The same for pH fluctuations in hydro grows; I don't know.

As for the light, keep it as close as possible without burning. If the light doesn't seem too hot on the back of your hand, then it's probably not too hot for the plant. I use 400 watt HIDs, and I keep them about 15" from the tops of the plants. If I could provide better ventilation, then I would move them in closer, but I can't can't. Get those lights in as close as possible.

madcease said:
Does ph jump up and down because once fed the vinegar i used in the rockwool breaks down then starts upping the ph.

Correct.

The vinegar trick is best used with soil growing, after a while it breaks down and becomes worthless, but by the time this happens it has done its job and watered and fed the plant.

Vinegar is not a good idea in hydro set ups.

:peace:

Yeh i noticed vinegar was mainly good at the time when nothing was there but does sulfuric acid do a good job instead of forking out heaps for phosphoruous acid. There both pretty strong acids which dont break down easily.

Also should i be foliar feeding with nutes to treat the problem or just self watering for 1min as described?

I also have black spots which look like eggs maybe fungus. how can i remove this

Being a hydro grower myself, IMO it looks like over watering ?

dude, once you get the basic tools like tds/ph meters.....feed that thing. bump up nutes about 50-100 ppm at a time. when you see the green turn to blue....back off a little. happy growing

Here is an update of whats going on now.
Growth seems to be coming back on one plant but the other is slowy changing to good so im happy as you can see the new shoots are green but down near the bottom im still experiencing crispy tips and curling up and down.
Im changing my feeding to only twice a day for 1min as i think the time where i cannot check it, i think the ph is jumping up to 6.8 locking out Fe.
Anyway heres some pics thnx guys

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 5.jpg

pic 6.jpg

Latest posts

Back