help with "The Wet and Dry cycle"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
do we do this all the time (thru all cycles of the plants life) from veg till harvest?

I'm growing a full on sativa 9 weeks post 12/12, and my leaves dont seem to want to droop, in fact if I let her get get good and dry it seems that instead of the leaves drooping my pistils are turning brown and shriveling up

HI bud,

It's not necessary for you to wait til the leaves 'droop' to water imo. If your pots aren't too large I find that picking up pots gives you a feel for what their weight is like dry vs well watered. The basic rule of thumb I've always used is to let the top 2-3" of soil dry out completely before watering again. And when you do water you want to do so slowly until you get a slight amount of runoff. When I'm very late in flowering with denser strains I've found that watering less amounts than normal but more frequently helps me combat bud rot by not giving them too much moisture at any one time and bud rot doesn't get as easy of a chance to start inside the buds.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back