help with white powdery mildew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hick.man

ONE HITTER QUITTER
Reaction score
hey all. I had a problem with that white powdery mildew about 7 weeks into flower and I sprayed them down with a wash product that says it can be used up to the day of harvest. now im about a week out and have been working alot and havent been in to see them except when the lights are out. I came into to see them finaly in the light and the white mildew is back. any suggestions? how harmful is this stuff? should I hit them with that wash product again? any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreceiated.

does that product not say use a few times?...and if its Vegtable base you can use up to Harvest...And I wouldnt want PM on me buds...treat them again and do as the instructions say...the spores can stick around..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Don't Spray the buds!,, If it is only a few leaves then just pick them off! Get a Fan in your grow room and some Fresh Dry Air Blowing. Keep the Humidity Down, Don't over water or let any water stand. Potasium-bicarbonate is best but I just Sodium-bicarbonate (baking Soda) with water Not Too Much works! only spray leaves and not your buds, If it is on your top leaves then you have a Grow room problem, that needs to fixed fast! AIR flow and Ventalation is key!! Good Luck and Yes that stuff is Bad get it under control now.

BudLover#69 said:
Don't Spray the buds!,, If it is only a few leaves then just pick them off! Get a Fan in your grow room and some Fresh Dry Air Blowing. Keep the Humidity Down, Don't over water or let any water stand. Potasium-bicarbonate is best but I just Sodium-bicarbonate (baking Soda) with water Not Too Much works! only spray leaves and not your buds, If it is on your top leaves then you have a Grow room problem, that needs to fixed fast! AIR flow and Ventalation is key!! Good Luck and Yes that stuff is Bad get it under control now.

This!

Spot treat with sodium bi-carb. 1tsp/qt. Works well. I got lucky and mother nature took care of the abnormally high humidity in my area shortly after I discovered the problem but the baking soda worked great.

I have never used the Wash but I saw it sittin right next to the GreenCure i got for PM. It seems to be working wonderfully shoulda gotten it sooner.

kiksroks said:
This!

Spot treat with sodium bi-carb. 1tsp/qt. Works well. I got lucky and mother nature took care of the abnormally high humidity in my area shortly after I discovered the problem but the baking soda worked great.
Maybe they ment LOW,,, LOW Humidity and Dry Air will not let Molds even start!

NO and Yes!! lol,, High Humidity is BAD!,,Just take a teaspoon or so of Baking Soda mix with a spay bottle of water. Spay only the infected areas let dry (you may need to spray everyday for a few depending). Get a Fan in your Grow room Circulate the Air, You need an Exuast and an Intake You must change the air out! Or you will be spraying/Burning all the time. AIR Flow and LOW Humidity is KEY. Good luck!

LOL but I piss in my extra recycled soil, lmfao its so funny how people love smoking my pissy weed! :eek: :eek: ;) Funny!

7 weeks into flower, i'd also advise against spraying them completely if can be avoided.
how bad is it? is it just on fan leaves or are bud/bud leaves effected also?

PM is my nemesis :hairpull:
i've beat most the nasty bugs you can have, but can never defeat the white death spots :( ..when i get it late, i'll usualy try to wipe it off the leaves (*easy for me with small plants, may not be so for you)
but if it's a few fan leaves at 7 weeks on a 8 week strain.. well that problem's easily solved by removal ;)

good luck man.
:)

kaotik said:
PM is my nemesis :hairpull:
i've beat most the nasty bugs you can have, but can never defeat the white death spots :( ..

Just curious but why can't you get the Humidity in your room down and the air exchanging?? that would solve your NEMESIS,, for real;) :D

Eagle20
One spray
Stop playing around
End it
Ha

Ps, only in veg though

i can't find that eagle 20 anywhere around here. have heard much good things about it though.
i just grabbed another thing of serenade, the concentrate this time (not that i'm expecting much better results. seems to just keep it at bay for a couple weeks)

budlover; maybe, if i had an actual growroom, and not a bathroom.. better yet; the shower in the bathroom ;)
i actually never had a problem for years growing in that setup, untill i bought a pack of apollo13 from tga. she got it bad the very first run, and now everything gets it.

*not to knock it or sub, i like it. just swear that's where my problem came from ;)

kaotik said:
)

budlover; maybe, if i had an actual growroom, and not a bathroom.. better yet; the shower in the bathroom ;)
i actually never had a problem for years growing in that setup, untill i bought a pack of apollo13 from tga. she got it bad the very first run, and now everything gets it.

LOL, the shower thats the moldiest place in the house!! Maybe A Fan would still help,, Blowing right thru the plants some how. Do you keep the Exuast on 24/7? I wonder if you could take the plants out and Just Bleach the Hell out of the Bathroom and get rid of it that way? 1/4 spray bottle Bleach and rest water Just spray the entire bathroom.. Maybe!

thanks for al lthe input all. its much appreciated. I picked up some pm wash. says you can use up to the day of harvest. its in some of my buds pretty good it looks like. grrrrrrr!. will try that and rinse with some water I guess. the stuff is about 40bux a gallon. so I opted not to get the wash to wash the previous wash off. heheh, wholy crap I thought I started doing this to save money!

BudLover#69 said:
Just curious but why can't you get the Humidity in your room down and the air exchanging?? that would solve your NEMESIS,, for real;) :D

Pm thrives in high humidity, but also in extremly low humidity, just saying hi humidity isnt always the cause, also PM is systemic so if you clone off a plant that has pm but shows no sign of it yet, the clones almost definetly will get pm eventually, and they will probably only show it when its too late too spray.

yea I was worried about that. was thinking bout just putting it all outdoors from here out since its getting nice out.

dman1234 said:
Pm thrives in high humidity, but also in extremly low humidity, just saying hi humidity isnt always the cause, also PM is systemic so if you clone off a plant that has pm but shows no sign of it yet, the clones almost definetly will get pm eventually, and they will probably only show it when its too late too spray.

Hmm, Ya I see what your saying. But doesn't any spore need Dark and wettness to be born?

I'm only going by my own personal experience with PM. I grow 3 strains, one of them is called SnowCap. From the reading I've done it is Very susceptible to PM. and it was too, when I first started growing, I got it all the time. That is when I learned P-bicarbonate was what to use. I didn't even know what Potasium Bicarbonate was and still don't. LOL! But Sodium-Bicarbonate should be close? right!? and sodium is just salt, how much damage could that do? Come to find out None! and it, Key Word here=Controlled it well. So I spayed every couple weeks all the way thru Never let it get to the Buds!!...Well that worked for a year.

Last year My Girl Caved and gave me the big Closet in our Apt. Once I got the bigger area, More Fans, better exuast fan, bigger air intake.. Just much more air flow! I have not had to spray since, I swear not one time and I have not even seen any bit of PM for a year now. So that is just what worked for me, and Maybe it could help some people here. IMO most indoor growers are limited to space, so they end up with stuffy grow tents/closets/rooms... With out proper Air Exchange and 90% of people that have PM problems can solve it by getting the Air Flowing In,Thru and Out. Air Exchange jmo from my grows.
;) :D

the best way to combat PM is to keep a stable room environment. if your room has big temp swings (20-30 deg) you will most likely get PM even if the mom was not infected. the PM spores are almost everywhere.

BudLover#69 said:
Hmm, Ya I see what your saying. But doesn't any spore need Dark and wettness to be born?

I dont know?

i just speaking from my experience, when i had PM i was asked what my RH is, well my RH never goes above 30% so i started looking around and found that it thrives in extremely hi and lo humidity when i had PM bad my RH was 20%.

This won't do anything for now, but I started using ProTekt from Dyna-Gro (a silica supplement), and it really helped to keep PM at bay, outside, in our cool and wet fall last year.

Something to look into, good stuff.

Have a sulfur burner for indoors, but it wasn't needed.

Wet

Latest posts

Back