help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
can someone help me out with this, ive looked around and cant figure it out, it started just as two spots on one leaf but it starting to show up in a few different places now. one is also drooping.

oh no.jpg

ohno.jpg

Didnt stoney tell you what was wrong
with it didnt you burn it with cemicals??
Hows she doing right now???? Didnt you
flush her out?? Hope She Springs Back!!

yep i flushed them out last night, i was surprised to see this morning that they didnt droop but actually look healthier then before the flush, im still afriad the soil is going to be wet for too long. is there any tips or tricks for drying the soil a little faster?

Need some questions answered before troubleshootnig.

Apprently soil. So here we go.

Soil mix?
PH if you can test it. (if not get a tester or auqarium test strips) this is the most improtant factor in troubleshooting.
Fertilizer?
Watering schedule and amount.

Edit:
just seen you posted at the same time.

Increase drainage. put holes all over the bottom and bottom side edge. this will aid in drainage. bout 1/4" diamter should work ok for ya.

thanks anyways mutt, but just to get a second opinion,

soil: 60% (of something i got at a local nursery) 20% sphagnum peat moss and 10% perlite
ph is about 6.7-6.8
added nitrogen(5-1-1) 1/8 of the recommended 2 weeks ago
and potassium a couple days ago also 1/8 of what they recommend
i give them about a half gallon of water every 6 days

and also, i have them in clay pots and i have no tools so theres no way i can add extra drainage, good idea though

I would raise it to 1/2 strength or 3/4 strength next feeding, after that run full. ;)

Everything else looks perfect. ;)

Can you get in more detail on your fertilizer? I am a chem. fert grower, but just to have some of the other organic growers here to review.

raise it? really? i was told i was giving it to much. for nitrogen im using fish emulsions, liquid kelp(seaweed) for potassium, and bone meal for phosphorus.

thanks for the help mutt, i really appreciate it.

I wasn't sure if you were using any chemical supplements. I would wait for some organic growers. but MJ is a nutrient hungry after its 3 week. but 1/8 strngth does seem a little light. IMHO. I'll hand this over to the organic growers. I'm too lazy for organic. lol

P.S. is the Bone meal a slow release forumula with nitrogen added? I use some (non-MJ) that is 6-12-0 but slow release.
but I'm stepping out before I screw ya up. ;) I use hydro ferts for soil. So best I just sit and watch. ;)

im not sure if its slow release or not, its powder in bag, i havent used it yet, im waiting til i start to flower.

i appreciate the effort. thanks again

For your drainage problems, you could always water with less water, more frequently. If you do not want to transplant, then I do not really have any other answers for that. If you do not mind transplanting, you can add more perlite to your mixture, and a layer of perlite or sand to the bottom of your pots. I found this to help my soil or soiless grows with drainage.

I do not think that these are solutions to your problem, but i just thought I would chime in with this info

yeah i was going to add something to the bottom when i transplanted, but i was just wondering about right now because i had recently watered then had to flush while the soil was still damp and i didnt want it to stay to wet for to long

If you are talking about just a one time thing then you should be alright. Just make sure that you have a lot of air movement inside of your grow room. If you can control this then lower the humidity. I think you should be fine regarding your flush, just keep the air moving.

Mutt said:
I would raise it to 1/2 strength or 3/4 strength next feeding, after that run full. ;)

Everything else looks perfect. ;)

Can you get in more detail on your fertilizer? I am a chem. fert grower, but just to have some of the other organic growers here to review.
Hey Mutt, the plants he's described to me are kind of stunted by over ferting and rebounding after flushing. I've advised him to let the plant get the ferts it needs from the soil until it's larger and healthier. I think about two weeks of normal growing should get the plant back to excellent health and also be large enough to use the additional ferts.

I guess we'll see how the plants do. It seems that we may hear regularly about them until they're healthy anyway.

sorry guys, dont mean to bother you with all the concerns, im very nervous about messing them up. ill try to keep the questions and concerns to a minimum.

Oh I thought you may have flushed for a different reason. Ussually organics don't burn easily. Its the chemical ones I always see burn. Sorry dude, didn't know you had another post going. Good thing stoney jumped in. I'll just stay clear on this one before I screw you up bad. There was more going on than I realized.

Good luck dude. If stoney and Massproducer got you straightened out listen to them, they know there stuff. ;)

Latest posts

Back