help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
i have a regular light bulb that gives off 1700 lumens and i went with some advise i read and i moved my light about 2'' form the small plant and it fried the leaves can i b saved of am i screwed

Time will tell, ease the light off it and let it chill, see what happens. You can only put the light right on them if you are using flouro. That bulb won't do anything for you either.

What do you mean by regular light bulb, incadicent? They dont work. What specrum is the bulb....I hope its not one of those "grow lights". I learned the hard way. They make your plants stretch and burn if too close....

well its not really a regular light bulb it is a bulb from wal-mart and it is supposed to give off a natural light and i have learnd that cfl light bulbs work is it true cause i don't have a whole lot of room or will it b betterto put it outside during the day then bring it in please let me know cause i have 4 others germenating so maybe i won't fry these

p.s i have a 13 w small clf bulb will two of those work or doi need a 30w

If you are gonna go with CFL you need as much as you can get.

where can i get the farm fox ferts and when do i start using it cause i have about 4 seedlings in the soil and i am a first timer been trying and kill 1 and don't have a whole lot of seeds left
plese help me i would appericate any advise

and thanks again for the advise that yall have given already

I would place the seedlings in the soil now in a 3 gal pot (1 seed per pot), but wait on the fertilizers. Maybe 2 weeks, Im not sure. The worst thing you can do is to over do it. Click here for the fox farms soil site. Near the bottom of the page it says "where to buy". follow that and pick your state. Hope this helps.

Two weeks is usually a good rule before you feed anything, this means two weeks of rooted growth. Start out easy with a low dose, you can always add more, you can't take away burn.

i woke up to 5 seedlings started in the paper towel in my window and i had some going in a cabinet on a tray in paper towel and only one came out so i put that one in a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and put it out side to see what happens i also have some in a closet in a box under a light but that one is the one i fried so i put it back and back under the light. i also have two in a solo cup in the window so i have three different tries so we will see what is better. if anyone has tried all of these and have some tips on how to keep them alive them pls tell

congrats on the germinated seeds! A grow guide will give you most of what you need to know about keeping them alive. what type of soil did you put them into?

i used a very cheap soil it is called Schultz professioal pottingSoil plus
says its used for african violets&flowering plants( it says specially formulated to encourage blooming) it was 1.96$ at wal-mart but i think i need to put so peat moss in it cause it has some big chunks of mulch looking stuff in it. it has a npk of 0.08-0.14-0.09 and i am still working my light problems out i have a natural incandicent ligth bulb from wal-mart and it is supposed to give off natural lightbut i am going to get some spiral fluro. i think my seeds r very good bagseeds cause of the turn out of seedlings but i also picked through them and found the biggest best ones. any advise on the soil problem or the light problem pls let me know so i can improve my grow spot before i plant them.

It's not guaranteed but the soil having nutes in it allready, especially bloom nutes, will not bode well with seedlings.

So what u r saying is that i need to go get some regular potting soil or can i use the dirt from outside. and does anyone know where i can get a dc adapter for a pc fan .

Stoner, get quality soil, not dirt. As for the dc adapter, got me a universal from best buy....powerful enough to run two fans and allows me to adjust speed. Pretty spiffy.

DSC01112-1.JPG

-GG

Latest posts

Back