help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder for you, you will need to make sure that you have an active way(fan) to pull the hotter air from the top of the closet out and allow fresh, cooler air into the bottom of the closet.

well i did this hot air rises cold air sinks so i cut a whole to the attic in the closet and am blowing hot air out with a reg fan blowing a reg fan at the light
if you need more pics of the setup let me know .
i know not **** rlly about growing so when do i change the light cycle?

That is good that you are exausting the air into the attic. that will work well so long as you have some way for cooler air to come in from the bottom. If you are growing from seeds then your plants will have to grow in veg (about 5-6 weeks) until they mature sexually. at that point you will want to look for males if your seed isn't femenized. There are some stickies at the tops of each thread that will show you lots of really good information about the various aspects of growing. One of them shows how to tell the difference between male and female "preflowers". Around the same time you should start seeing the leaves (nodes on the main stem where the leaf grows from) growing offset from each other(alternating nodes). That tells you that your plant has matured and can be switched to flowering cycle if you want :D or you can grow it out for as much as a year in veg (if you want) Many people like myself will grow a mother plant in constant veg(18-24hrs of light) for many months and take cuttings for cloning rather than growing from seeds every time.:) When you are ready to switch to flowering, you will need to make sure that the grow room can be made lightproof while still allowing fresh air flow. This is because you will switch the light cycle from on all the time to on 12/off 12hrs. During the off time, you want no light to get to the plant as that will stress the plant and cause you problems....Read as much as you can on here. All of the stickies and any other info on growing that you can find will help you be successful. Good luck and welcome to your new addiction(growing MJ):hubba:

As has been pointed out, that OF is not very well suited to seedlings. they won't need any nutrients for a couple of weeks as they "feed" off the cotyledons. (The first "rounded" things under the normal looking leaves).

Are you gonna go with chemical or organic nutes? Since organics takes a bit to get your mind around, I'd suggest chemical at first. Just be careful of the concentration. Chemical nutrients can burn your plants. In this case, less is more. Start out at no more than half strength. Eventually, you'll want to take a look at organics. It's a whole lot more forgiving, and your weed will taste better.

The floros are fine for now, but after they get a couple more sets of leaves, start them under the 400. I'd wait until they have at least three sets of leaves before I transplanted. Cannabis tolerates crowding quite well.

As for how far from the plant, the closer the light, the tighter the internodal spacing. Put your hand just at the top of the plant. If it doesn't burn your hand, you're good. I had one Sat grow up into my reflector 12" from the 400w bulb with no ill effects. KEEP an oscillating fan on them to build stem strength, and circulate fresh air.

Thats about it. Remember, there is nothing mysterious or arcane about MJ. It's a plant, nothing more. You are more likely to kill them with kindness by over doing things.

If you could pull the hot air out of the room, it would be more efficient than trying to blow it out. Also, be careful blowing hot moist air into an attic area. If you do not have attic ventilation, you can get mold--a nasty, nasty thing that can cost thousands and thousands (maybe tens of thousands) to get rid of.

Have you gone through the Resource section? This will give you the basics--like when to flip your lights.

ok so thanks to all your guys advice and the resources on the site everything is going good now been almost two weeks and my plants are thriving with alot of care here are some pics

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Latest posts

Back