Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EM-1 is an awesome additive.
Yes very impressed .
I want to make my own and be more educated about it .
i need to establish a plan on how often I inoculate ,
I also would like to know if i add 5 oz of em! and a heavy cup of molasses in a five gal with a carboy attached. does it make it as concentrated as em1
If i wait a month can i store it longer or do i need to use it quick?

I’ve never used it. Maybe I need it too. I like less products than more so it would have to be a good reason for me to use it

10 day update. They are filling in quite nicely and starting to smell good. Tip of microscope got some trichome action when taking pics and it smells heavenly. 40 days in and I have a bunch of cloudy trichomes…can’t be right…no way this thing is anywhere near ready. Not even close. No amber yet. Starting to get some red/orange hairs on a lower bud too but just that one. I’m patiently waiting but patience was never my strong suit lol. And yes my canopy is uneven, not sure why. When flowering first began I did some lst on the main cola and it was all even. Light is uniform so I’m not sure and at this point it’s not a big deal. I’ll harvest in stages if I have to but they are all getting light…I tucked a few fan leaves. My buddy keeps trying to get me to snip because she’s bushy as heck but I say let it ride. I have a fan blowing from underneath and on top so she’s getting great airflow. I added the calmag at the behest of you guys and those brown spots stopped dead in their tracks. Still have yellowing tips tho but again, at this point, put it all on black and let it ride!

Your garden is looking incredible for a first grow….looking forward to watching you finish this grow. Please keep us updated! Nice work.

As far as Trichomes, make sure your not photographing the leaves and that you’re getting the colas. In my experience, the trichomes on the leaves mature faster than the Trichomes on the buds and can be misleading.

Looks like you’re in good hands for addressing the leaf damage.

Yes very impressed .
I want to make my own and be more educated about it .
i need to establish a plan on how often I inoculate ,
I also would like to know if i add 5 oz of em! and a heavy cup of molasses in a five gal with a carboy attached. does it make it as concentrated as em1
If i wait a month can i store it longer or do i need to use it quick?
Are you expanding your EM-1?

Here's a really easy way to make your own.

1/4 cup of rice
1 cup of water

Put that in a jar and shake the s#!t out of it. Strain the rice out.

Let that sit for a week loosely covered. Sift the junk off the top and strain.

1/2 gallon of 2% milk

Add the rice water to the milk. Loosely cover and let it sit for a week.

Pull the curds and strain.

Add a cup of black strap molasses to feed the microbes.

You can store this in the fridge for up to 6 months.

Are you expanding your EM-1?

Here's a really easy way to make your own.

1/4 cup of rice
1 cup of water

Put that in a jar and shake the s#!t out of it. Strain the rice out.

Let that sit for a week loosely covered. Sift the junk off the top and strain.

1/2 gallon of 2% milk

Add the rice water to the milk. Loosely cover and let it sit for a week.

Pull the curds and strain.

Add a cup of black strap molasses to feed the microbes.

You can store this in the fridge for up to 6 months.
then at that point you add 1 oz to a gal i assume.
how often do you use this?

The guy I learned it from said 1 tablespoon/ gallon every watering. I've never tried more than that

Last edited:
Update:

She’s trotting along nicely. Have recently struggled to keep humidity down after making post about it being too low lol…go figure. It’s almost 90% humidity outside so I’m struggling to keep it under 60%. Humidity was so high pipes in my basement had condensation on them. Fired the dehumidifier back up and it’s down to 50% now, we’ll see where it is in the morning. Anyway, tomorrow will be 7 weeks exactly since I flipped to 12/12 and she’s getting really close. Starting to see quite a few white hairs turning red and trichomes are mostly cloudy but still no amber. Switched to 11/13 today and I’m going to snip a small popcorn bud from the bottom that’s not really growing to test it out. I know that’s taboo but I’m sorry, can’t help myself. This was bag seed from a friend so I need to know haha. Not overly concerned about a hermie this late in the game…seeds won’t have time to develop before I chop it.

Attachments

• C0B61B56-F28A-47BD-9901-6121343D1078.jpeg
    C0B61B56-F28A-47BD-9901-6121343D1078.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • EDB84984-1AB9-47E1-AA58-7662499756E6.jpeg
    EDB84984-1AB9-47E1-AA58-7662499756E6.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back