hepa filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moaky

Reaction score
i got a organic air hepa filter for my intake fan. can the fan be hooked up to the outside of the room and the filter on the inside. i would picture it on the out side then a fan or flange to the fan. but thats a problem since i wanted to mount it to the floor to creat a better flow and colder air coming in since it will be under the house. it will make it a lot harder to take off and clean. the directions say you can put on in or out of fan but i imagine they are talking about the intake and outake fans.

First, how do you make a HEPA filter organic?

Second, what will the intake temperature be from under the floor? If it is too cold, it will be hard on your plants.

I'm having a hard time visualizing the fan to filter arrangements that you are describing. Try just cutting? the hole through the floor and mount the filter directly against the floor then put the fan on top of the filter, maybe

Also, why do you think you need to use a HEPA filter on the inlet air? What do you have under your house that you are that worried about getting into the grow room?

What are you going to do about odor and exhaust air?

Hopefully this will help until you get better answers from people who really understand HVAC principles.

Good growing and great smoking.

HEPA or High Efficient Particulate Filters are only used for intake in class 100 clean rooms. It is an absolute waste of time and money to use it in your garden.

Also, if you are pulling air from outside your room to cool your light and exhausting outside the room, you do not need a filter.

Isn't true that if you bring in cold air into a hot room , wouldn't cause dampness in the room or cool tube.?

i was asking people on how to use a hepa filter and organic is a brand not what your ideas are about using one. this site has changed.
so no one here filters their incoming air? there are bugs everywhere outside my house in gardens. i just don't want to suck them into my room. thanks for tring to help though.

moaky said:
i was asking people on how to use a hepa filter and organic is a brand not what your ideas are about using one. this site has changed.
so no one here filters their incoming air? there are bugs everywhere outside my house in gardens. i just don't want to suck them into my room. thanks for tring to help though.

You dont need a hepa filter to do this. A less restritive filter will do just fine. Just a furnace filter will work.

umbra said:
HEPA or High Efficient Particulate Filters are only used for intake in class 100 clean rooms. It is an absolute waste of time and money to use it in your garden.
:yeahthat:

Lots of $$$$ and you will be buying plenty, they get clogged in a heartbeat.:rolleyes:

Your plants aren't burn victims, just weeds.;)

Yes, a furnace filter will work just fine at ~1/10th the cost. Bugs aren't that small to rate a HEPA.

DD

i dont get this. are you attacking or are you guys just trying to get more posts or something. im asking if anyone who uses a hepa filter can give me an answer. if not don't respond, please.

As you can see from the posts nobody uses a hepa filter for intake

Grouchy posters get fewer good answers.

moaky said:
i dont get this. are you attacking or are you guys just trying to get more posts or something. im asking if anyone who uses a hepa filter can give me an answer. if not don't respond, please.

No one is attacking you. We are trying to tell you that no one uses a hepa filter on the inlet. There is a reason for this. If you do not care to listen, then fine. But do not attack us for trying to give you information that we feel is valuable.

moaky said:

Hello-mello..
i dont use a "hepa filter" on my air in take.. hehehe lol..
but i did make a DIY filter for my air in.. reason being to Prevent bugs,reduce noise..... and all it consists of is some sq chicken wire a furnace filter and batting.. no bugs reduced noise..
cost me 15$ to build..
LH

Ha, I built the same thing from the depot. Roll of chicken wire and packet of filters. Enough for a year. Change once a month.

LEFTHAND & nouvellechef,

Do either of you have any pictures or DIY information on those filters?

I have a rectangular intake and want to filter it, preferably fine enough to prevent any outside pollen from entering the grow area, without significantly increasing the resistance to the air flow.

moaky,

Thanks for the explanation of the "organic" HEPA filter.

As you can probably tell no one here uses HEPA filters for a number of reasons, but if you already have it and are going to use it, the best suggestion I can make is t mount the filter on the inside of the room over the intake hole and mount it where it is easy to change. The filter doesn't know if it is outside (below) the floor or inside (above) the floor. All you have to do is to make sure that there are no leaks between the filter housing and the floor.

Great smoking.

ozzydiodude,

I wasn't thinking about the carbon filters because I associate them with exhaust systems. Used on the intake side, will they stop air borne pollen?

Thanks for the referral.

I just review the thread and it looks like they are only for round intakes or exhausts. Well, I guess it is back to the drawing board and try to figure out how to make a large surface area low resistance filter assembly to place over the rectangular intake grill that I have. If they will stop pollen, I'll probably use the pleated furnace filters. Another possibility is the treated foam type filters used a lot on high performance motorcycles, but I think the furnace filters have the most potential.

Great smoking.

DonJones said:
ozzydiodude,

I wasn't thinking about the carbon filters because I associate them with exhaust systems. Used on the intake side, will they stop air borne pollen?

Thanks for the referral.

I just review the thread and it looks like they are only for round intakes or exhausts. Well, I guess it is back to the drawing board and try to figure out how to make a large surface area low resistance filter assembly to place over the rectangular intake grill that I have. If they will stop pollen, I'll probably use the pleated furnace filters. Another possibility is the treated foam type filters used a lot on high performance motorcycles, but I think the furnace filters have the most potential.

Great smoking.

Good day sir..
all i did was take chicken wire and rolled it so a 6"-4" reducer would fit on it..and then an end cap ...
then i covered the chicken wire in panty hose..and then cotton batting..
inside the wire cut 2 peices of furnace filter. over lap leaving enough at the ends to overlap and secure.. (over-under)...
heres a finished pic of a smaller one i built.. wrks great.. easy to build..
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48370&page=3
LH

Just get a big hepa filter cut it down into smaller pieces so one filter can be several. I don't understand why people are saying not to filter incoming air. If you are worried about infestation then definately do it better safe than sorry. Also i would suggest having clean clothes when you go in so you don't bring in any pest on your clothes and if your wearing boots i would have a light bleach solution to step in before you go into your room. It isn't something that has to be done but a good clean pest free enviroment will sometimes save you alot of ** in the end. Sometimes you won't get the answers you want but everyone has their own opinions and some of them believe them very strongly but there's alot of knowledge here so just try to take it slow and consider everything people say. Good luck and peace out

Latest posts

Back