Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Herb and marijuana anxiety

lerroywick

Reaction score

They said that medical cannabis is very effective when it comes to anxiety. At first I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. This one is very effective when it comes to stress and mild anxiety. Let me hear your two cents with this.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Reaction score
I removed the link that looked like Spam.

While different strains do help different things, each person is different and reacts differently. If you are looking for something to combat anxiety, you are probably wanting something on the indica side. Sativa dominant strains can increase anxiety and cause paranoia in some people.

key2life

Reaction score
The key is in THG's first sentence - "each person is different and reacts differently." I personally only get anxious or paranoid on indicas, and never on sativas. Been that way since I started smoking in 1971, but I never understood it until I started growing. There are no absolutes and everyone is wired a little differently.

Aksarben

Reaction score
I made up a CBD Tincture for my wife, and figured if she took .75ml of it (30 ml bottle) it will give her about 9mg of CBD IF the Pink Kush CBD 30:1 was around 18% CBD. She says she gets "anxiety" at that dose and backed down to .5 ml. She does not notice the anxiety when she takes the CBD Tincture with the Phantom OG capsules I made up for her. She is thinking that the THC might mitigate the CBD so that she does not end up with a panic attack or anxiety. Is better as a combination of THC and CBD?
Also I use MCT oil in the capsule with her Phantom OG (40mg flower - decarboxylated) so that it should be more bio-available. Wondering about adding ground pepper (just a bit) into the capsule to help with uptake. Pepper increases the bio-availability of Turmeric some 2000% so thinking it may also help with CBD or THC.

James Janer

Reaction score

They said that medical cannabis is very effective when it comes to anxiety. At first I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. This one is very effective when it comes to stress and mild anxiety. Let me hear your two cents with this.thanks
Yes. A few strain of medical cannabis really help reduce stress and anxiety, relieve pain, and more. You can find different CBD products that might be effective for you too. Perhaps you can also learn to grow your own plant if you find these products helpful and useful.

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Reaction score
Aksarban, I think you are making a huge mistake assuming that the 30:1 is really 30:1. I and everyone I know that had their "high CBD" strains tested, came away disappointed in the small amount of CBD that was actually present. I would be more inclined to believe that she is experiencing the anxiety from the THC and not the CBD.

Do you actually know that pepper helps with uptake of cannabinoids? Cannabis is not turmeric and may react entirely differently.

Aksarben

Reaction score
Do you actually know that pepper helps with uptake of cannabinoids? Cannabis is not turmeric and may react entirely differently.
It's speculation about the black pepper, as I stated in the thread I was "wondering" and "thinking" as in pondering, also inquiring, as to whether it my be useful for added bioavailability. Read in another site that olive oil, canola oils etc are nice carriers, but actual Coconut Oil and/or MCT oil are much better at bioavailability as they have a large amount of saturated fat, like butter.

I do realize that this Pink Kush CBD 30:1 is not 30% CBD, and may not be overly high. I was figuring around 18% at best. ... probably south of that number a ways. We have a lab in Kalamazoo that can test for CBD and THC but they won't take it from me, only from a Med. Marijuana card holder or a caregiver (probably would take it from a dispensary). I'll have to find someone that has a card to go with me to Kalamazoo to actually "see" what this stuff might actually be in CBD.

When she uses the CBD tincture with the decarboxylated Phantom OG capsule, she says she does not get that anxiety. I have also read someplace that CBD is a great mitigation of over consuming of marijuana THC. It will "soften" it's effects somewhat., hence why breeders were breeding more plants to have tiny amounts of CBD compared to large amounts of THC. I understand from the research that is is for a better high .

Latest posts