here everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growNM

Reaction score
I am new to growing. I have been reading like crazy soaking in the knowledge. These forums are great. Right now I have decent plant about 10 inches tall. I have 4 more small ones 2 in the ground and two in pots. The are random seeds I got from a friend. I am setting up my grow room. Just waiting on more funds. I should have everything in 2 weeks or so till then starting outside. So hello all will fill everyone in as progress comes. Looking forward to to learning a bunch more thanks

Welcome to mp

So your growing outdoors now and going to move in doors?
How are you planing to set up your grow room?

I am going to start fresh in my room. I gonna have a 400 watt mh and a 400 watt hps. I am going to line the walls. I set up ventalation already. the humidty is 44% and the temp is between 70 and 78 degrees. I am a little worried and how much it is going to heat up after the lights are up going to start with 12 plants is my goal. I just need to order the seeds. I tried to wire my own lights but after reading I quickly realized I needed a balast for each of my lights. I am getting in next week as well as ordering seeds. I want to know what I am growing. I am stoked to see the end result. right now though people told me to leave my outdoor plants outside so I dont contamante the grow room. so that is what I am doing.

is the ventalation running and the room is 78? if so then ur gonna have to adjust when the lights go on

yeah it is running probably gonna need a bigger fan then?

What are your plans with the 2 400 watt lights?
Do you need odor control?
Are you a legal grower?

Be safe my friend.
:48:

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place :ciao::bolt::bong:

My suggestion is more research.

What size is your grow room?

What is your reasoning behind getting the mH? Many growers now use t-5's to veg.

How big of a room will you have, 12 plants will take a good sized room and likely (undoubtedly, really) more light than you currently have. Size of room dictates amount of lights...dictates amount of plants imho

:ciao: and good luck!!

Welcome to MP, Hope your grow goes well

As for the heat of a 400w HID, with a cool tube or air cooled reflector you can keep the temps down with a vortex style fan system, but with a wing style reflector you will need far more ventalation to keep the temps down in the summer.

You mentioned wanting to grow 12 plants. In the space you can light with a 400w HID, you can barely fit 12 1 gal pots with seedlings in it, and unless you are doing a SOG, 12 plants is more than a 400w HPS can handle and still get big tight full buds JMHO

Welcome to the warm fireside here my friend. Many a good folk with lots to know hows be hangin hat here. Im sure yual do fine ifin yual stick to advice these folk give ya. Welcome gain pilgrem.

BWD

my room is 9 foot 8 in by 7 foot 9 in. I wanted to try run two for vegging and 2 for flowering. I am working on getting legal lol but I kind of live in the country so I am not really worried about smell but again I dont know if all the plants will smell a block away or so. If that is the case I will probably get a filter of some sort which I have been reading about. thanks again for the help I post pics in a week or two when its all set up. and I guess ill look into the t5's? thanks again

Latest posts

Back