Here I go with my grow, 5 strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector420

Rising Star
Reaction score
Nothing to exciting Ive just did the germ thing. Im germ 6 seeds of each strain... Blueberry(BB), AK-48 , Northern Light (NL), Ice and K-2.. a total of 30 seeds.

There is a few things that I need to hook up left o do, like I dont have electricity in the room heheh and no vents on the lights yet either.. Dang what a run on sentence..

Picture 018_resize.JPG

fixed2.jpg

Picture 020_resize.JPG

Picture 021_resize.jpg

Picture 022_resize.jpg

Picture 027_resize.jpg

Picture_resize.jpg

Everything looks great. Nice set up, babies are germing. Now all you need is some electricity in there. ;) I will be following this grow from beginning to end so here is some GREEN MOJO for ya. Good luck man.

Danke guys... I checked on them and already noticed sprouts. Its only been 24 hours to this point. Guys Im really excited and thanks for all your help sorry im such A high maintenace ho :D

Atleast 3-4 of each strain has tap roots coming.. and some more pics

Picture 027_resize.jpg

Picture 028_resize.jpg

Picture 026_resize.jpg

Looks Good! I am only about a week ahead of you, some shoplights in there on the seedlings will keep temps down and give you plenty of time to finish the rest. Just an idea.

Good luck!

Man, nice setup you got there. If half of those are females, you are in for a hell of a yield. Good Growing

Thanks guys

Well I ended up germinating all the seeds (50) because I felt like I had lots of problems. Ive included some pics of my progress thus far.

Some of the seeds didnt even sprout others I made mistakes, like knocking the tops off lol Some were to deep others were not deep enough. Some of them shoot up yet the initial leaves do not seperate. And lots of them shoot up with no green in them, yellow. I also germed some bag seed which to my surprise have been very hearty so far.

They were germed with about 80% humidity and in the dark, in the 75+ range. When they sprouted and thier tap was 1/4 inch I put them in peat pellets. Then when they broke the surface I then moved them to the area that you see in the pic. The humidity is only 55 right now I believe I need to get it up more. And again some of the seeds didnt do jack, or they simply die off. There are still about 6 seeds that are about to get moved the next few days. Im not looking good on the Ice strain it hasnt been good to me.

2 to 3 of the dudes and dudettes have some roots showing on the outside of the pellets. Im not to sure When I should put them in rockwool becuase I assume when you do this they are ready to get food.

Ill leave at that for now becuase Im sure youll give me some advice :)

Picture 029_resize.jpg

Picture 030_resize ice.jpg

Picture 031_resize nl k2.jpg

Picture 033_resize bb ak48.jpg

Picture 034_resize bag.jpg

Looks like your using some AN nutes, I'm interested to see your results, as I'm also using there line up. I'm also growing NL, great all around plant if you ask me. What size lights do you plan on using? I'll be following your thread as well. If you want, check out my grow journal I'll be starting soon as this is posted. Good luck with grow

dogger said:
Looks like your using some AN nutes, I'm interested to see your results, as I'm also using there line up. I'm also growing NL, great all around plant if you ask me. What size lights do you plan on using? I'll be following your thread as well. If you want, check out my grow journal I'll be starting soon as this is posted. Good luck with grow

Im still unsure if I have all the nutes I need I still might need micro nutes? But anyway its 2 600 watt HPS lights. Here is a link to my grow room thread for more info.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6676

I really dont think im doing a good job at this :( I look at other peeps pics and my progress doesnt look as good thus far.

Inspector420 said:
2 to 3 of the dudes and dudettes have some roots showing on the outside of the pellets. Im not to sure When I should put them in rockwool becuase I assume when you do this they are ready to get food.

Ill leave at that for now becuase Im sure youll give me some advice :)
If roots are showing outside of the peat pellet, then it is time to put them in a pot of soil.
I'm not sure if you can use the peat pellets with the rockwool.

In my opinion you should keep these in dirt until you have sexed and eliminated the males. remember dirt is very forgiving.
then take clones, putting the cutting directly in the rockwool cubes. once you see roots out the bottom then put them into you hydro setup.

are you using slabs of rockwool? or blocks of rockwool in expanded clay?

Thanks for the reply I was beginning to think no one grows hydro here.

Ive seen a few people do the peat rockwool combo. But you do make me think of soil, its crossing my mind now. Becuase the rockwool seems like a waste just to use for sexing essentially. I really do not want to mess with dirt :( Im running low on funds and I just would like to use the junk I got already if at all possible. My next grow I will do differently than this now that ive learned some things from these forums.

To answer your question on the size of RW they are 4x4x2.5 size..

I wanted to keep one female and male of each strain.

I have a bag of Hydroton... I planned on taking the cubes and sticking them in baskets over the hydroton..

I was also figuring that when I move these seedlings to the rockwool they are ready for some drip?

Thanks canso Ill stop talking now :)

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I used europonic rockwool conditioner in a tub with 20 blocks and let them sit overnight. I then placed the seedlings that showed roots into the treated rockwool. Im talking about roots that I could see that grew out of the jiffy pellets.

The one pic ive attached is a AK-48 that im concerned about. Its almost crispy feeling have no clue what its deal is. This particular ones root grew out the side and I think it might be pissed about tampering with it when I put it in rockwool. The PH is about 6.5....What do you guys think? I was using tap water before this point that was around 7.5-8 ...

Ive got the area at about 76 degrees and 50% humidity. In the one pic you can see how low I have the lights my estimate is 4' from tops. It seems I have varying sizes and stuff not sure why but they dont all look healthy.

Picture 001_resize.jpg

Picture 002_resize.jpg

Picture 003_resize.jpg

Picture 004_resize.jpg

Picture 005_resize.jpg

Picture 006_resize.jpg

I started 6 'designer strains' and a few different bagseed that are turning out to be different strains and have realized that these different strains are reacting very independantly to the conditions I have given them. I think they might all make it, but a few are certainly thriving. I was having trouble with AK too, I believe it was low RH, but in reality, I just want 3 or 4 good mothers out of the bunch (thrivers). Later on I may go back and try the tougher ones, looks like it may be AK and WW.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back