Here is my #1 girl at day 40 of flower. How she looking?

• Thread starter degenerative_disc
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

Here are my two girls at day 40 of flower. How do they look to you? What can I hope for in yeild looking at these and at day 40 with bagseed how much longer do you think it will be before harvest time.

Thanks

Cheers!!!

Cant tell from those pics if its ripe. You need to get a small magnifying glass to see the tric's. Based on (40 days) and size of bud filling in space, i'd say another 14 days for the thinner ones.

Thanks OG

Ya i should get a magnify glass but money tight right now. Hippy told me to use my camera on Macro setting but cant figure it out. The budds and leaves are all dusted with white specks all over and I can see them with the naked eye, just not close enough to tell color I guess. Might have to go with watching hairs? They have to be red right? Then its safe to harvest?

Cheers!!!

When 75% of those hairs start to change...that a good indicator.
For Macro setting on most cameras you need to go to shooting mode (get ready to take pick) then click *LEFT* on your arrows, or selector wheel. A menu should pop up saying MACRO/NORMAL/MICRO... Click over to highlight and center button to select

I have it set to macro I only have t2 other options normal and inteligent oh as well as movie mode etc... but I do have set on Macro

Cheers!!

OGKushman said:
When 75% of those hairs start to change...that a good indicator.
For Macro setting on most cameras you need to go to shooting mode (get ready to take pick) then click *LEFT* on your arrows, or selector wheel. A menu should pop up saying MACRO/NORMAL/MICRO... Click over to highlight and center button to select

Hi OGK and all... I just grew a strain and I've had plenty in the past that have had almost 100% red pistils with clear to cloudy trichs so it's not a very good indicator for many strains.

Your plants are looking killer dd! Nice job. It's really hard to tell trichs without any magnification... especially if you're over 40 like me! :p I don't have much for camera skills but with "macro" mode you really have to get up close to the bud and/or use your 'zoom' control to get in VERY tight on the bud. If you have a camera that does 'auto' focus, try pushing in the button half way to see if your camera is able to pull it into focus. Some can, many can't. If not, try moving back an inch or two and push the button half way again to see if the 'auto focus' is able to make your bud sharp. Some cameras have a 'manual' focus mode too and I prefer these but it takes some poking around to find the feature with the high tech state of things these days...

Peace!:cool:

that's a nice look'n plant yer grow'n there, disk... damn nice...

it'll go to at least 8 wks minimum... if you like it more narcotic in nature (body relaxing...), take it closer to 9 wks....:cool:

Do any of u guys have a thought as to what these girls look like they are going to yield? Will they give me enough to fill a mason jar if they stay healthy to the end?

If you look at my main girls pic her head against the back wall is the size of a sinder block hieght its about 9 inches alone for the head not to mention whats cropping out undernieth her head!!

Cheers!!!

:eek: Are you serious?!!

Or are you pulling my leg?

I only tried this to use as my pain killer and sleep aid at night. I only smoke about an hour or two before going to bed so I dont toss and turn all night with my pain in my back. The smoke makes me feel like I am sleeping on a cloud:)

I have found that when I bought of the street I would get a sandwich bag full of budd and that would last me about 6 months just smoking one joint a night. If your serious and not pulling my leg a couple of mason jars full out of these 3 plants would last me over a year!!!! I would only have to grow once a year to keep me in stock, is that what your saying friend?

:holysheep: if you are!!

And i still have 3 more girls in veg at about 2 feet each waiting to go into flower because I didnt think I would get enough out of 3!!!

Serious are you SERIOUS!?

Cheers!!!

Looks good DD. I'm sure you will get a nice crop from those plants.

Good luck
MCM

I agree with Vancouver. Let them go at least 8 weeks and you will have at least 2 jars of primo bud to smoke on. It's good to hear that you have more clones ready to go! Do a few grows and you can be smoking for quite a long time. They are looking great so far. Keep up the good work and you will be well rewarded.

You should definitely look into buying a scope to look at the trichs. The little ones from radio shack are 60-100X magnification and they work great. They are kind of small but I clip off a tiny piece of budleaf and sit it on my table and study it closely... Definitely the best way to determine when to harvest. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
I agree with Vancouver. Let them go at least 8 weeks and you will have at least 2 jars of primo bud to smoke on. It's good to hear that you have more clones ready to go! Do a few grows and you can be smoking for quite a long time. They are looking great so far. Keep up the good work and you will be well rewarded.

You should definitely look into buying a scope to look at the trichs. The little ones from radio shack are 60-100X magnification and they work great. They are kind of small but I clip off a tiny piece of budleaf and sit it on my table and study it closely... Definitely the best way to determine when to harvest. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

I agree if you have more clones grow some of those out also, get 4 jars full and cure the other 2 jars for a year... The best buds I have ever smoke has all been cured for 6 months to a year!! Most people dont have the patience to cure for this long..

Thanks fellow growers!!

I didnt realize I could get enough to fill a mason jar with just a couple of plants! My pain is much and to know I would only have to grow maybe once or twice a year to give me my pain and sleep aid realy makes me happy! Its hard work and the pain it causes me to tend everyday to the plants does take its toll sometimes. I thought I would have to keep it going and going... Thanks for all your help! I am so glad I could be done for a little while if I can just keep these girls happy til the end!!

Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back