Here we go again.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi yall, so today is a great day! I am starting a new grow. The lineup for this round is.....
1- (2 regular) Chem 91
2- (2 regular) East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD) X OG Kush (Ogers)
3- (2 regular) Snow Leopard
4- (2 female) Sundae Punch (since I loved the outcome my last grow.)

So far both ECSD X Ogers broke ground along with 1- Chem 91, and 1- Sundae Punch in solo cups using Coco.
I will post photos once all of the seeds break ground. (Hopefully they all do.)
I am in a 3x3 tent with a 480 Mars Hydro LED and a 6" Ac Infinity scrubber and exhaust.

I cannot wait to try the new strains. Thanks to @bigsur51
So pull up a chair.

Photos to come. Thanks for watching.

Hi yall, so today is a great day! I am starting a new grow. The lineup for this round is.....
1- (2 regular) Chem 91
2- (2 regular) East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD) X OG Kush (Ogers)
3- (2 regular) Snow Leopard
4- (2 female) Sundae Punch (since I loved the outcome my last grow.)

So far both ECSD X Ogers broke ground along with 1- Chem 91, and 1- Sundae Punch in solo cups using Coco.
I will post photos once all of the seeds break ground. (Hopefully they all do.)
I am in a 3x3 tent with a 480 Mars Hydro LED and a 6" Ac Infinity scrubber and exhaust.

I cannot wait to try the new strains. Thanks to @bigsur51
So pull up a chair.

Photos to come. Thanks for watching.
Awesome seeds , make him proud , I have 1st chair

The verdict is in.....
7 new babies. Hopefully all chicks. Only 1 Snow Leopord didn't want to open.
HERE WE GOOOOO! 😁🤙

p.s. I need to still clean up a bit. lol.

20221116_220814.jpg

Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Turkey Day!!!! We are actually making another Turkey dinner tonight. Yes I know, we are crazy!!!

Question, I have my seedlings in solo cups. Some are feminized so I do not have a problem putting them into thier final 3 gallon home. But as far as the seedlings that are not sexed yet.....should I buy 1 gallon pots for them until they sex? I just hate to put 7 -3 gallon coco fabric pots in my 3x3 tent not knowing if 5 of them are male or female. Could I keep in solos until they show sex or is that stupid?

Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Turkey Day!!!! We are actually making another Turkey dinner tonight. Yes I know, we are crazy!!!

Question, I have my seedlings in solo cups. Some are feminized so I do not have a problem putting them into thier final 3 gallon home. But as far as the seedlings that are not sexed yet.....should I buy 1 gallon pots for them until they sex? I just hate to put 7 -3 gallon coco fabric pots in my 3x3 tent not knowing if 5 of them are male or female.

Thank you!!!!
Dang You were able to afford 2 turkeys with the price this year?
Nice Lings look healthy

I have been up-potting from my seedling pots to 1 gallon pots then about a week before I flip them, I put them in their 3 gallon pots. I don’t like stressing the plants(by up-potting) during flower. What you could do(I did this my last grow) is once they are in the 1 gallon pots and big enough to take cuttings, you could root the cuttings and flip the cuttings to 12/12 so the clones will show the sex of the donor plant. I ‘flowered’ my clones under two 14 watt 2700k CFL bulbs and in about 2 weeks the clones started to flower. I didn’t even transplant them out of the containers I cloned them in(which were about 2 tblsp seedling trays).

I have been up-potting from my seedling pots to 1 gallon pots then about a week before I flip them, I put them in their 3 gallon pots. I don’t like stressing the plants(by up-potting) during flower. What you could do(I did this my last grow) is once they are in the 1 gallon pots and big enough to take cuttings, you could root the cuttings and flip the cuttings to 12/12 so the clones will show the sex of the donor plant. I ‘flowered’ my clones under two 14 watt 2700k CFL bulbs and in about 2 weeks the clones started to flower. I didn’t even transplant them out of the containers I cloned them in(which were about 2 tblsp seedling trays).
I like the idea of putting the regular seedlings in 1 gallon until I find out sex then place in the 3 gallon.

I also like the idea of taking small clones and putting the clones under 12/12 to find out sex.....but I do not have another area setup for that. Could I put them in the veg tent (18/6) then move them into my 2x2 tent for darkness?
If so, how long until I can take a cutting from the vegging plants? Thanks.

I flowered my clones in a 5 gallon bucket and stashed the bucket in my basement under my steps. It was pretty ghetto looking but worked. I think I have some pictures on my ‘breeding project’ thread. How long before you can take cuttings? It depends on how fast they grow. I always top my plants when they have maybe 6 leaf sets then wait for the side branching to take off. The cuttings I take are usually the weakest looking side branches or when a branch or two that are outgrowing the rest of the plant. Sorry that isn’t a concrete answer but I kinda wing it.

I get it! So I will grab a cfl or 2 and put it in my 2x2 drying tent to sex the clones. Now, from what I have been watching.....it looks like people are rooting the clones prior to putting them into a 12/12 spot for sexing. Waste of time?

I don’t think it is a waste of time. I rooted mine first. I don’t know if they will survive to flower without roots though I have not tried that. I do know that when I was a teenager(back in the late 70’s), I broke the top off of a plant I was growing accidentally. I put the broken top in a glass of water to see if it would take root. It didn’t but it eventually developed what I now know were pistils. I had no idea what I was doing(I was in 10th or 11th grade) so I had the top in my room under a table lamp that wasn’t on very much so the top must have thought it was time to flower. All that blabber I just typed later, I would try to root them. You never know, you might want to keep them. I wound up revegging the clones I forced to flower and grew them out.

My plant love to be transplanted so I would use the smaller pot then upsize again if they are female after you let them grow a bit in that pot. My plants always do a grow spirt when I transplant them
also give you a good chance to look at the roots and correct any soil problems by adding new

I was also thinking about leaving them in the solo cups. Giving them another week or 2 and then topping them and using the top as a clone/sexing test. That way I do not need to buy 1 gallon fabric pots and transplant twice into the 3 gallon pots. Thoughts?

Last edited:
It would depend on how much room you have in the solo cup and if it could last in there without getting rootbound before you plants were sexed. i don’t like transplanting into felt pots until the last transplant into their final space. It’s for me hard to get the plant out of the felt pot without disturbing the heck out of the roots. I would find a plastic container just larger than the solo cup when they are big enough to transplant as a waiting vessel even if you do the clone sex test. But that’s just me and leaving them in the solo cups may work I’m not sure. 😊

makes total sense. I canceled the 1 gal fabric pot order. I can always grab plasties locally if needed. But I think I will just top off the clones to show sex. Seems the most unobtrusive method.

Latest posts

Back