Here we go again.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Sunday yall. These girls are 11 days old. I transplanted the 2 known females, (Sundae Punch) into 3 gallon pots. The others will be "clone sexed" prior to transplanting. Everything look ok? Cal mag deficiency? Thanks.

20221127_185950.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, almost week 2 since germ. I see some weird white spotting on leafs in the solo cup bunch. Anyone else? Cause?
Im at 5.8 ph, feeding 350 ppm using cal mag and grow. Runoff is 750 ppm and 6.0 ph. Thanks.
20221129_065650.jpg

Hi all, almost week 2 since germ. I see some weird white spotting on leafs in the solo cup bunch. Anyone else? Cause?
Im at 5.8 ph, feeding 350 ppm using cal mag and grow. Runoff is 750 ppm and 6.0 ph. Thanks. View attachment 314190
In soil, pH needs to be higher.6.2 or 6.3 is the sweet spot.
5FD25974-3091-4682-B967-C59E53F8BB32.jpeg
It

Thanks. It looks like new growth is happy. Im keeping a close eye.

Question, I am going to take cuttings from the plants in the solo cups since sex is not known. Then place them under 12/12 to sex them within a 2 week period as to not waste coco and room, and only transplant the females. This will also top the plants as planned. How many nodes do I need before I take this cutting? Any info would help.

I usually top when my plants have 5 or six leaf sets but I don’t try to clone that cutting. I suppose you could try it. I take my cuttings from weaker side branches that don’t look like they will thrive. When I tried this, I waited until the clones showed roots out of the bottom of the seedling trays they were in(like I said, probably 2 tblsp of soil). Once I saw the roots, I flipped them to flower lighting. All told, it was about a month from cutting to showing sex(2 weeks to root, 2 weeks to show-might be a bit more or less). So I would try to get the cuttings taken about 5 weeks prior to flipping your keepers to flower so you have a week for the plants to recover from transplanting to the final pot. I wasn’t on a schedule when I did this so I didn’t need to time it but I think that should work. Unless you are going straight from the solo cups to the final pot. This method probably won’t work for that as your solo cups would be pretty root bound if you wait to show sex on the clones…

I usually top when my plants have 5 or six leaf sets but I don’t try to clone that cutting. I suppose you could try it. I take my cuttings from weaker side branches that don’t look like they will thrive. When I tried this, I waited until the clones showed roots out of the bottom of the seedling trays they were in(like I said, probably 2 tblsp of soil). Once I saw the roots, I flipped them to flower lighting. All told, it was about a month from cutting to showing sex(2 weeks to root, 2 weeks to show-might be a bit more or less). So I would try to get the cuttings taken about 5 weeks prior to flipping your keepers to flower so you have a week for the plants to recover from transplanting to the final pot. I wasn’t on a schedule when I did this so I didn’t need to time it but I think that should work. Unless you are going straight from the solo cups to the final pot. This method probably won’t work for that as your solo cups would be pretty root bound if you wait to show sex on the clones…
Yeah, i want to wait for sex before transplanting so i am going to skip the rooting part. I should be able to cut the top of the plant off right? It will just make the donor branch out while i have the top sexing.

Yeah, i want to wait for sex before transplanting so i am going to skip the rooting part. I should be able to cut the top of the plant off right? It will just make the donor branch out while i have the top sexing.
You can try that. I’ve never tried to root what I topped from a plant. The ‘top’ that showed sex for me back in high school was off of a mature plant and had probably 4 or 5 leaf sets. You are exploring uncharted territory for me. The donor plants I used this past spring were already showing alternating nodes(as a plant is when it is mature enough to flower). I really don’t want to steer you wrong. I just know what worked for me(and I was frankly surprised it worked).

You can try that. I’ve never tried to root what I topped from a plant. The ‘top’ that showed sex for me back in high school was off of a mature plant and had probably 4 or 5 leaf sets. You are exploring uncharted territory for me. The donor plants I used this past spring were already showing alternating nodes(as a plant is when it is mature enough to flower). I really don’t want to steer you wrong. I just know what worked for me(and I was frankly surprised it worked).
No worries. Im going to keep an eye on vegative growth and see. Ive seen a few vudeos on it, but it seems they used sude branches. Either way its too early. Jusylt girllot in rapid rooters and humidity dome.

It would depend on how much room you have in the solo cup and if it could last in there without getting rootbound before you plants were sexed. i don’t like transplanting into felt pots until the last transplant into their final space. It’s for me hard to get the plant out of the felt pot without disturbing the heck out of the roots. I would find a plastic container just larger than the solo cup when they are big enough to transplant as a waiting vessel even if you do the clone sex test. But that’s just me and leaving them in the solo cups may work I’m not sure. 😊
All the babies got topped and fed today. Shhhh, they are tired.

Topped everything yesterday. Waiting on my sexing kit to arrive so I can transplant the ladies. No dudes allowed.
20221203_150310.jpg

Welp, we have 5 ladies according to genetic/sex testing.
2- Sundae Punch
1- Snow Leopard
1- Chem 91
1- ECSD x OG Kush

I got 4 of the 5 in 3 gallon pots, but need more water for the last plant. Chem 91 will be placed into a 3 gallon pot tomorrow. Photos to come!!!!

Well all the ladies are in thier forever homes. Hitting them with 800 ppm at 5.9
I bumped up cal mag dose and it seems to be helping. The three in the front were moved from solo cups yesterday and today. Stretch your legs ladies. 😁
20221213_154056.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back