Here we go!! Just 2 though :-) how much ppm when just starting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zone505

Reaction score
Ok so I'm almost ready I cloned 2 and I have to ready for my 1st hydro..

I have "2" 5 gallon palls I will be using DNF "Dutch Nutrient Formula" Gro Part A and Part B on the bottle it says 5 ml A & 5ml B to 1 litre of H2O

ok so there is 3.78541178 Litres in 1 gallon lets round it off to 4 Litres to make it easy should we?:)

that would make it 20 litres in a 5 gallon pale right? but I'm sure I'm not going to fill the water to the rim of the pal right?

My ppm without adding anything is 0.17 So I can basically ignore my water ppm because its so low all the time is that right?

how high should I bring up my ppm when I add both the A & B ?
that is the question, remember the 2 clowns just started rooting.. as seen in the photo.

it took 7 days to see the roots and I cloned them pretty big as you can see... The name of the plant is sweet tooth.

IMG011.jpg

IMG010.jpg

Very good on the clone job. First I assume since you say you have 2 5gal buckets that you are going to do DWC. That's good if you are. Not sure how old the clones are(from cutting as technically speaking the clones are the same age as the mature plant from which they were taken):)

You want to let them grow for at least 2 weeks before adding any nutes as they are still developing roots and are susecptable to nutrient burn when the roots are young. If you are past 2 wks then you can start by cutting the recommended mixture to 1/4 strength. That should give you about 200-400ppm.:)

Run with that for 1 week if at 200 and 2wks if at 400. Then if girls look good, increase mixture to half which should take you to around 400-600ppm. Again, if on the low side run for a week, if on the high side run with that number for 2 weeks. Then you can bump up again to 3/4 mix strength, which should take you to around 600-800ppm.

During veg, depending on how long you intend to veg your plants, you can increase until you see the plants start to show nute burn and then back off. I personally don't like to do that because in hydro things happen very fast, and unless you're right on it constantly, you could come home to some plants that are burning up. I prefer to level off at around 700-800ppm and hold at that unless the plants are gonna be grown really big.:)

Now I don't know how much knowledge or experience you have but you will absolutely need to have a PH meter right away before mixing anything, and a TDS meter is a must as well for hydro.

You will need to tell us more about your grow if you are needing any more information as there is a LOT to know for making it successful the first time around the learning curve. I would tell you more but I must crash so that I can go work on my grow in the morning. More will be along to offer more info. New Grow Mojo to ya :)

Hushpuppy said:
Very good on the clone job. First I assume since you say you have 2 5gal buckets that you are going to do DWC. That's good if you are. Not sure how old the clones are(from cutting as technically speaking the clones are the same age as the mature plant from which they were taken):)

You want to let them grow for at least 2 weeks before adding any nutes as they are still developing roots and are susecptable to nutrient burn when the roots are young. If you are past 2 wks then you can start by cutting the recommended mixture to 1/4 strength. That should give you about 200-400ppm.:)

Run with that for 1 week if at 200 and 2wks if at 400. Then if girls look good, increase mixture to half which should take you to around 400-600ppm. Again, if on the low side run for a week, if on the high side run with that number for 2 weeks. Then you can bump up again to 3/4 mix strength, which should take you to around 600-800ppm.

During veg, depending on how long you intend to veg your plants, you can increase until you see the plants start to show nute burn and then back off. I personally don't like to do that because in hydro things happen very fast, and unless you're right on it constantly, you could come home to some plants that are burning up. I prefer to level off at around 700-800ppm and hold at that unless the plants are gonna be grown really big.:)

Now I don't know how much knowledge or experience you have but you will absolutely need to have a PH meter right away before mixing anything, and a TDS meter is a must as well for hydro.

You will need to tell us more about your grow if you are needing any more information as there is a LOT to know for making it successful the first time around the learning curve. I would tell you more but I must crash so that I can go work on my grow in the morning. More will be along to offer more info. New Grow Mojo to ya :)
Thank you, that was some good info you gave me...

Latest posts

Back